Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A famed cherry blossom area south of the capital. At one time it was a premiere lodging area, but after the main mode of transportation shifted to trains, it has mostly served as a meeting place for the elderly, who go there to look back on simpler times.
The Cherry Checkpoint (桜のチェックポイント, Sakura no Chekkupointo?) is a location in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. It serves as a rest point between the Grassland Station, the Chocobo Circuit, and Victory Monument Hill. The rest point is a grove of tall pink cherry blossom trees with wooden platforms and benches, making the area resemble a park.
The place is popular for the pink petals that fall from the trees, as the petals are said to be charming gifts to win the heart of a special someone, according to a local called Margret, who inspires visitors to try and collect them.
Would you care for a snack, kupo?
Miasma Streams Edit
- Flan x3
- Roller Bug x4
Cherry Checkpoint Campaign II replaces Flans with a single Armor Flan.
During the Miasma Streams, the player can make use of garbage bins, benches, a Crystal Guitar to torment the monsters, a Camera to confuse them with a flash, a wine barrel, a beehive, some wood and parts of a picnic (such as a lunch box that will release a heart when destroyed).
There is a minigame in Cherry Checkpoint that involves the player catching cherry blossom petals before they touch the ground within a time limit. It can be triggered by targeting a shining petal as it falls.
The prizes received depend on how many petals the player has gathered:
- If Layle caught 0 - 2 petals, Margret's notice will claim he can attract girls, and will receive a Moogle Doll.
- If Layle caught 3 - 5 petals, Margret's notice will say he can attract older women, and the prize is a Metal Lighter.
- If Layle caught 6 - 8 petals, Margret will say he can attract even guys, and the prize is a Designer Dart.
- If Layle caught 9 - 11 petals, Margret's notice will claim his charms may even affect the local wildlife, and he will earn a Stuffed Specimen.
- If Layle caught 12+ petals, Margret will say he can attract younger people, and will give him a Capsule Toy.
After these notices are received, Layle will attract the respective group mentioned in Margret's notice: from Lilty women, to older Lilty women, to Clavat men, to cats to Lilty children. This effect only works while in the Cherry Checkpoint.