|White Mage: Life's refreshing breeze, blow in energy! Cure!||This article can be improved in areas such as grammar, style, formatting, and spelling.|
Please refer to the Manual of Style or Editing Help to get started.
- Allows rapid spellcasting.
- Obtained: Red Mage Level 1
- Recast Time: 1 hour
- Duration: 1 minute
- While active, all spells cast will have zero casting time, other than the casting animation. This applies even for spells that aren't normally available to Red Mage, such as Ninjutsu, if utilizing a Ninja subjob. However, spells still cannot be cast non-stop: there is an approximate 2.5-3 second delay after casting a spell before the player is able to start casting another one, and Chainspell still does not remove that delay.
- All spells cast while this ability is active will have their recast timers reduced to zero as well, meaning that the same spell can be immediately cast again if so desired and if MP permits (following the natural delay between spells). However, the activation of Chainspell does not cause any spells that are already recharging to immediately become available.
- MP costs of spells used while under Chainspell's effect are not reduced or affected in any other way. Due to the likely high amounts of spells cast in a short period of time, the Red Mage must ensure that he or she has sufficient MP to cast everything intended when engaging the ability.
- The rate at which consecutive spells can be cast is also hindered slightly by the previous spell's animation.
Most Popular Spells for Chainspelling Edit
- Stun: To keep a powerful enemy constantly locked in stasis.
- Cure IV or other Healing Magic: To prevent otherwise certain KO.
- Raise: To get large groups back on their feet. Raise's long casting and recast time will be negated, allowing a very fast recovery from a wipe.
- Reraise: To instantly cast Reraise before being KOed.
- Utsusemi: Ichi or Utsusemi: Ni: To prevent the Red Mage's death by reducing the cast and recast times of these valuable spells to zero.
- Drain and Aspir: To very quickly restore the Red Mage's HP or MP while reducing the HP or MP of an enemy.
stub about an ability in Final Fantasy XIV. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.
stub about an ability in Pictlogica Final Fantasy. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.