Celes appears as a light-elemental God summon. She can be obtained as a summon through the game's summon drawing shop. The design for the Celes summon are a fusion on her in-game sprites from Final Fantasy VI with borrowed elements from her Yoshitaka Amano artwork.
Celes's special attack is Reincarnation Blessing, which revives all allies and restores up to 1/2 of their max HP. Summoning Celes costs 3 points from the consumption gauge. Her phantom stone is an SSS rank summon and she has a summon cost of 20 to equip to a character.
Her artwork was done by freelance artist Aoki.
Depending on the Celes summon's rank, the wielder can use the following abilities:
- Spinning Edge Z
- Spinning Edge Χ
- Spinning Edge Ω
- Upgrading stats
|Rank||Maximum Level||Phantom Stone Cost||Max HP||Max MP||Max Attack||Max Magic||Max Speed||Components Needed|
- Passive abilities
- The following are bonus abilities granted to characters equipped with Celes.
|Ability-Type||Effects||Minimum Rank to Activate|
|Spinning Edge||Light damage - 20%|
Start of battle Protect for 2 turns.
A soldier for the Gestahlian Empire, Celes was infused with magic power as a young girl. She has made a name for herself as an invincible general, yet she is not blind to the foolishness of the wars she wages. When she defies the emperor, she is imprisoned as a traitor and sentenced to death. It is Locke who saves her from this fate and she works together with him and his allies thereafter.
|Sacrifice (Lv1)||Level 10|
Celes returns as an unlockable character, and is unlocked by collecting Turquoise Crystal Shards.
She is a Spell and Defense oriented character.
|Brace (Lv1)||3||Level 5|
|Invisible (Lv1)||6||Level 10|
|Brace (Lv2)||5||Level 50|
|Brace (Lv3)||7||Level 95|
Celes appears as an ally and a summonable Legend. She is depicted in her Yoshitaka Amano outfit and her Maria outfit. Her EX abilities are Breach Blast, Tidal Wave, Meltdown, Spinning Edge and Holy (VI).
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
Celes appears as an obtainable card.
This former Magitek Knight of Gestahl is a dead ringer for the opera star Maria.
Celes is an exclusive character only available from the Premium Character Shop as a random downloadable content, she uses the Spinning Edge ability during battle.
An imperial Magitek Knight who was once one of the Empire's top generals. She objected to the barbaric methods the empire had adopted, for which she was branded a traitor and sentenced to death, before being saved by Locke.
Celes appears as a playable character. She was first recruited after collecting 8,000 Memory Prisms during the Survival Event Magitek Facility Infiltration. She could be re-recruited the Challenge Event Back to the Skies as the First Time Reward for completing the event's stage Magitek Factory in Part 1. She was also available in Sketching Miracles and Prima Donna.
Celes is a Rune Knight, whose combat role is Physical/Magic Hybrid.
Celes strikes a solid balance between her physical and magical stats. She also has a good Speed stat throughout her progression and boasts one of the highest Resistance scores in the game. All of these combine to make Celes a well-rounded character, as much at ease with a sword as any other warrior would be; and so she is a frontline attacker who just happens to have mastered the Spellblade arts as no other unit can—or does. The player can put her skills to work against Reflect-happy foes such as Baigan. As a Rune Knight, two of Celes's Soul Breaks draw magic toward herself and completely absorb it, making her indispensable against wizardly foes.
Celes can use the Black Magic spells up to rarity rank 4, White Magic spells up to rarity rank 3, Spellblade abilities up to rarity rank 5, Combat abilities up to rarity rank 3, and Knight abilities up to rarity rank 5.
Her default Soul Break is Magic Shield which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment raises the party's Resistance by 50% for 25 seconds. The sword Soul Sabre (VI) allows Celes to use Runic Blade which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment absorbs enemies' Black Magic abilities to restore her own Black Magic ability uses; this status lasts for 25 seconds. The sword Rune Blade (VI) allows her to use Spinning Edge which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment deals three successive wind attacks to one target. The sword Excalibur (VI) grants the Super Soul Break Indomitable Blade, which for one Soul Gauge segment unleashes a five-hit combo on one target and grants full Runic status, absorbing all of the target's black and white magic as her own. Upon its mastery, Celes's Attack is augmented by 10 points .
Celes can equip the following weapon types: daggers, swords, rods, and staves. The swords Soul Sabre (VI) and Rune Blade (VI) allow Celes to use Runic Blade and Spinning Edge, respectively. The sword Excalibur (VI) allows her to use Indomitable Blade.
She can equip accessories.
Celes appears as a vision obtainable through summoning. Her job is Rune Knight. Her trust mastery reward is Minerva Bustier. She possesses the special abilities Runic Blade, MAG +10%, Magic Break and Focus. She possesses the magics Blizzard, Cure, Poisona, Blizzara, Faith, Libra, Protect, Shell and Blizzaga. Her limit bursts are Spinning Edge, Spinning Saber and Invincible Blade.
- No. 206: "A woman from another world who had a role to play in the war against the espers. She served as a top general in the Gestahlian Empire, tasked with many important missions, including the invasion of Maranda. As a child, she was implanted with magic by Cid, and raised to be a peerless force in battle. She wields her unnatural magic with ease, and her sword even seals the magic of others, making her one of the empire's greatest weapons, whose record of success in battle speaks for itself."
- No. 207: "A general from another world who had a role to play in the war against the espers. She was implanted with artificial magic by the Gestahlian Empire. While peerless in battle, Celes carries silent doubts about the cruel tactics of her emperor. When she dares to voice these misgivings before him, however, she is branded a traitor and imprisoned. She is only saved from near-certain execution by a chance meeting with Locke."
- No. 208: "A general from another world who had a role to play in the war against the espers. She was implanted with artifical magic by the Gestahlian Empire, and raised to be an unstoppable weapon—her skill with a blade equal to her skill with magic. Unable to tolerate the cruel methods of her emperor, she rebels and begins instead to work alongside the Returners, a rebel group opposing the empire. Her hard military nature means she has difficulty letting others see her emotions, but her new allies gradually help her to accept and embrace her own feelings."
- —Entries for different versions of Celes.
Celes appears in the game as a playable character. Apparently taken from her character in the Final Fantasy VI World of Balance (as she is at least 19 years of age in the World of Ruin), she is also featured alongside Cloud Strife in the side-quest "Operation Opera".
- CV: Christina Rose / Houko Kuwashima
- Age in Grymoire: 18
- Notes: Library sentry in Tometown / Gallant and poised / Buddy-buddy with Cid / Part steely soldier, part romantic.
- First World of Origin
- FINAL FANTASY VI
Celes appears on Triple Triad cards.