As one of the most iconic characters in the Final Fantasy IV saga, and in the series as a whole, Cecil Harvey has made more than a dozen appearances in series works and in other games as a representative of the franchise. The following is a list of Cecil's appearances outside Final Fantasy IV canon.
Cecil's Dark Knight armor, Paladin circlet and earrings is available in the Heavensward expansion for those who own the Collector's Edition.
Cecil appears as a legendary (5-stars) card.
|Cecil Harvey Card|
|Totaltotal stats of the card||28|
Cecil appears as a Warrior of Cosmos and stands as the hero representing Final Fantasy IV, opposing Golbez.
As one of two Warriors of Cosmos related to a villain by blood, Cecil is torn between his feelings for Golbez as a brother and as an enemy. Golbez offers him cryptic advice, which makes Cecil doubt his chosen path. The trials Golbez gives to Cecil reveal his true motivations and desires, which strengthen his resolve to confront his dark brother and reclaim his Crystal.
Cecil's alternate outfit is a palette swap based on his artwork by Yoshitaka Amano, recoloring his armor with red details and giving him an orange cape as a Paladin.
Cecil plays a small role in the plot, but is an influence on the decisions of Golbez and Kain. Golbez tells Kain about the cycles of war and that they recover their memories as they fight, which is why Cecil, being summoned to fight more recently than Golbez or Kain, cannot remember him. When Cecil confirms he cannot remember much of his home or his connection to Golbez, Kain realizes Golbez has told the truth, and the epiphany motivates Kain's actions for the rest of the storyline.
Cecil's second alternate outfit is based on his appearance in the FMVs of the 3D release of Final Fantasy IV, giving him lighter Dark Knight armor and silvery Paladin armor, both with symmetrical designs. As a bonus fourth outfit available with the purchase of Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection, Cecil takes on his sprite appearances with aspects of his super-deformed designs, giving him dark blue Dark Knight armor and gold and blue Paladin armor with spiked purple hair and a red cape.
Cecil is a playable character and a representative of Final Fantasy IV. He is classed as a Heavy-type character.
Cecil appears as an obtainable character.
A young man tasked with the great honor of commanding the Red Wings, the airship fleet which is the pride of the great military state of Baron. His earnest and gentle heart leads him to doubt the unreasonable orders of a king who demands unjust invasions and reaps destruction across the land. In the end, he must stand against his motherland and embark on a search for the truth.
Cecil is a default playable character, and his main attire is his Paladin form. Despite using the Dark ability, Cecil cannot change into a Dark Knight during battle.
Cecil lacks the natural strength of other warriors to prioritize Defense, and possesses several black magic spells along with the option to make use of the Dark ability. However, his magic is lower compared to other magic users, and equipping Dark can come at the cost of receiving more damage. Regardless, Cecil strength lies in his abilities to defend the party; he has the second highest HP and can bypass the decrement of Dark if the player is good at rhythm sequences.
When a Lunarian of legend threatens his world, Cecil disbelieves that he can defeat such evil as a dark knight and turns aside from his shadowed past. As a paladin, he will fight, grieve, and risk all for the planet...
Cecil is a default playable character. If the player did not select him among their party of four, he can later be unlocked by collecting Green Crystal Shards.
Cecil gains access to Focus, enabling him to take advantage of his Dark abilities that turns him into an offensive powerhouse. However, Cecil still prioritizes defense regardless, as his protective abilities have increased, in keeping with his role to balance out both his Dark Knight and Paladin jobs.
Cecil is one of the 28 default playable characters. His limit, Soul Shift, deals damage to boss-type enemies in direct proportion to Strength and Magic.
Captain of the Red Wings, Baron's airship fleet. Was once an elite Dark Knight, but became a Paladin after finding himself caught between King Baron's unreasonable orders and his own sense of justice.
Cecil appears as a Legend and can use his Luminous Shard ability.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
This captain of the Red Wings has some issues with the King of Baron's authority.
Dark Knight Cecil is an exclusive character available from the Premium Character Shop as a random downloadable content, he uses the Souleater during battle.
Cecil appears twice as a recruitable character. Dark Knight Cecil and Paladin Cecil are considered to be separate units with different roles and separate sets of equipment and skills available to each; and both may be in the party simultaneously. Both characters were obtained from separate stages within the Light Against the Darkness Challenge Event. Cecil as a Dark Knight also appears as a boss.
I would be honored to fight beside you. On my honor as a paladin, I swear to aid you in this campaign!
Cecil appears as a character and summonable vision. His job is listed as Paladin.
Cecil's Trust Master reward is the Excalibur great sword.
- 3★ - No. 0129: "A knight who appears in the tales of a blue planet watched over by two moons. He is a Dark Knight, an elite warrior within the great military forces of the kingdom of Baron, and serves as captain of the Red Wings, Baron's airship fleet. He is a serious man, and suffers from grave doubts about the cruel actions his king demands in pursuit of the Crystals, and his own choice to wield the power of darkness. When he reveals these doubts to the king, he is stripped of his duty as captain of the Red Wings. Filled with despair, he sets out to Mist Valley to subjugate the Eidolons which live there - the last order he will ever take from his king."
- 4★ - No. 0130: "A knight who appears in the tales of a blue planet watched over by two moons. He served as a Dark Knight in the great military forces of the kingdom of Baron, but ultimately found himself unable to obey the cruel orders of his king, who sought the Crystals for himself. After turning his back on his kingdom, he sets out with a new group of allies—including his beloved Rosa, and Rydia, a girl he met in the village of Mist—to try to stop Golbez, his replacement in the Red Wings, from gaining the Crystals. Through this journey he finally lets go of his doubts and is reborn as a Sacred Paladin."
- 5★ - No. 0131: "A knight who appears in the tales of a blue planet watched over by two moons. While journeying to protect the Crystals from the sorcerer Golbez, he experiences betrayal from his closest friend, the forging of new friendships, and the pain of final farewells. He grows stronger throughout these trials, even after the shock of learning his true identity as a descendant of the Lunarians and the brother of none other than Golbez himself. With the support of his allies, who have shared so many joys and pains with him, he commits himself fully to the battle for the future of the Blue Planet."
- 6★ - No. 0299: "A paladin who appears in the tales of a blue planet watched over by two moons. It was not until Cecil reached a turning point on Mount Ordeals that he finally laid to rest the doubts that had been clouding his mind. Upon reaching the summit, a mysterious voice calling him "my son" bade him to cast off his part as a dark knight. Cecil vanquished his former self and was miraculously transformed into a paladin."
- —Entries for different versions of Cecil.
Cecil's stats at his highest levels are as follows (with no passive abilities taken into account), along with the maximum amount of stat points that can be increased through pot-enhancements:
Cecil can equip the following weapons: daggers, swords, great swords, katanas, axes and spears.
He can equip the following armors: light shields, heavy shields, helms, clothes, light armors and heavy armors.
He can equip accessories.
- Limit Bursts
- Awakening Materials
|Beast Meat x25|
Esper Cryst x15
Heaven's Ash x5
Sacred Crystal x5
Heaven's Ash x10
Sacred Crystal x10
God's Reliquary x5
Holy Crystal x5
|Fairies' Writ x20|
Prismatic Horn x10
Calamity Gem x10
Calamity Writ x5
Divine Crystal x5
|3★||If you need help, I will offer my blade.|
Such is the duty of a knight.
|I will take the path I believe in.|
Even if I must turn against my king.
I cannot lie to myself!
|4★||If you have something, someone you would protect...I would offer my aid. Let me journey with you.||The dark sword... Never again will I lift it! I will not depend on those dark arts!||I must atone for the wrongs I have committed. For this reason and more, I must continue to grow stronger...|
|5★||Were it not for my friends, I would have been lost long ago. Now it is my turn to help you.||I feel as though I have the blessing of the moon itself... Now is the time!||I mustn't lose! I cannot let down the people who have stood with me!|
|6★||As long as you follow a righteous path,|
I shall serve as your shield!
|I am not alone. That must be the reason behind this surge of power.||Justice and retribution are but trifling things. There are victories of greater worth. That mysterious, yet familiar voice spoke thus...|
- Dark Knight Cecil
If my powers as a dark knight can aid you in your endeavors, then allow me to continue fighting with you!
Dark Knight Cecil appears as a character and summonable vision. His job is listed as Dark Knight.
Cecil's Trust Master reward is the Deathbringer great sword.
- 5★ - No. 0294: "A dark knight who appears in the tales of a blue planet watched over by two moons. Cecil came to regret his part in the mission to seize a Crystal from innocent people by order of the king. However, while yet mired in these uneasy contemplations, he was soon ordered to go on another mission, this time to deliver a special item to the summoner village of Mist. After Cecil and his good friend Kain arrived at Mist, they both watched the village burn to the ground courtesy of an incendiary bomb–the very item they had delivered."
- 6★ - No. 0295: "A dark knight who appears in the tales of a blue planet watched over by two moons. At first forming doubts about the king of Baron's unjust deeds toward surrounding lands, then witnessing firsthand the destruction of the summoner village Mist by an incendiary bomb the king himself had ordered sent there, Cecil decided to defect from his country. He was also forced to part ways with his loyal friend Kain, who had accompanied him to Mist. However, Cecil did befriend a survivor of the village named Rydia, and together they set off to the oasis town of Kaipo."
- —Entries for different versions of Dark Knight Cecil.
Dark Knight Cecil's stats at his highest levels are as follows (with no passive abilities taken into account), along with the maximum amount of stat points that can be increased through pot-enhancements:
|Rarity||Level||HP||MP||ATK||DEF||MAG||SPR||Attack Hits||Drop Check*Maximum LB crystals drop per hit|
|5★||80||2854 (+240)||111 (+40)||119 (+24)||94 (+16)||89 (+16)||90 (+16)||1||10|
|6★||100||3711 (+390)||145 (+65)||155 (+34)||123 (+26)||116 (+26)||117 (+26)||1||12|
Dark Knight Cecil can equip the following weapons: daggers, swords, great swords, katanas and spears.
He can equip the following armors: light shields, heavy shields, helms, light armors and heavy armors.
He can equip accessories.
- Limit Bursts
- Awakening Materials
|Calamity Writ x20|
Calamity Gem x10
Prismatic Horn x10
Fairies' Writ x5
Divine Crystal x5
|5★||I am a dark knight. The dark power I possess may not suffice to face true evil...||I wish to use this power to aid others, even if my powers as a dark knight make them uneasy...|
I cannot lie to myself!
|6★||I shall never forget the atrocities I have committed. I shall wear this burden along with my armor, and press forth.||The day will come when I will have to stay true to my heart. I can feel it.||I have no intention of allowing the darkness to consume me. I shall not commit vile acts, no matter who gives the order!|
Cecil appears as a summonable Champion.
There are numerous trading cards depicting Cecil: one displays his paladin FMV render, another in his SD form, one is a Dissidia Final Fantasy artwork of his Paladin form, one is from Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and one displays his Yoshitaka Amano artwork. Most of his cards are part of the Shine set, reflecting his role as a Paladin in Final Fantasy IV, but one is of the Water element. The sole card depicting him as a Dark Knight is earth-elemental.
Cecil appears as an opponent and on Triple Triad cards in the version available via the Final Fantasy Portal App. On Easy he uses the rule Three Open. On Normal he plays with Same and Swap. On Hard he uses Plus and Chaos, and the rare five star cards of himself can be won from him, among others. He uses the trading rule One.
Cecil makes an appearance in Ebon Keep. here Cecil runs both the armor shop and the inn, and sells powerful medieval-themed equipment he also claims to have acquired on his adventures, although none of them are items that appear in Final Fantasy IV.
When first met, Cecil asks the protagonist if he's heard of him, and alludes to the events of Final Fantasy IV to remind him—the player can choose to remember Cecil or not, and will receive a discount at his shop if they do. Cecil mentions he is still married to Rosa, although she does not appear in person, and gives the player the Bazooka weapon he found on a cliff. The music that plays in Ebon Keep is titled "City of Ebony".
Dark Knight Cecil and Paladin Cecil are units and their ability is Cover. Dark Knight Cecil can be promoted to Paladin Cecil.
Cecil appeared as part of the Final Fantasy collaboration event that began on March 21, 2016.
Cecil appears as part of the 2018 Final Fantasy collaboration.