Castrum Abania is a dungeon in Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood.
The Alliance and the Resistance cannot suffer a repeat of the slaughter at Specula Imperatoris. As such, they will not march upon Castrum Abania until they can be certain the fortress's main cannon will not be brought to bear against them. With the aid of an Alliance contact in Radiata, you and your comrades have devised a plan to infiltrate the castrum and seize control of the cannon. Several parties, including yours, will attempt to create a diversion inside the castrum, thereby allowing Lyse and her unit of Resistance fighters to proceed relatively unhindered to the fire control center. Weapons research is to be your destination, and one can only imagine what manner of foes await you there...
- Clear the storage compound: 0/1
- Dismantle the magan roader: 0/1
- Clear the testing compound: 0/1
- Defeat Number XXIV: 0/1
- Clear the central compound: 0/1
- Defeat Inferno: 0/1
This article or section is a stub about a location. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.
- 12th Legion Avenger
- 12th Legion Laquearius
- 12th Legion Hoplomachus
- 12th Legion Vanguard
- 12th Legion Centurion
- 12th Legion Signifer
- 12th Legion Bit
- 12th Legion Canis Pugnax
- Magna Roader
- 12th Legion Optio
- 12th Legion Triarius
- Magitek Pod
- 12th Legion Roader
- Number XXIV
- 12th Legion Armored Weapon
- 12th Legion Rearguard
- 12th Legion Colossus
- 12th Legion Slasher
- Similar to the Aetherochemical Research Facility, this dungeon draws heavy inspiration from the Magitek Research Facility from Final Fantasy VI, in particular the bosses—the Magna Roader is a recurring enemy that first appears in the Research Facility; Number XXIV is based on the Research Facility boss Number 024, using the Roman numerals for 24; and Inferno is based on the boss of the name which appears in the Research Facility portion of Kefka's Tower, and is a palette swap of Research Facility boss Number 128.
- Had Inferno been instead named after Number 128 and used Roman numerals like Number XXIV, it would have been named Number CXXVIII.
- Castrum Abania is one of only two leveling dungeons to have an item level sync, the other being Great Gubal Library. This is due to the fact that the dungeon level syncs to 70, allowing level 70 players to bring in powerful endgame Stormblood equipment. The item level sync prevents their equipment from trivializing the dungeon or leaving the level 69 players behind.