|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Cartanica page!|
|Please expand this article into a full one. The following tasks need to be completed:This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page. Remove this notice upon completion.|
A freight stop in the middle of the Succarpe region offers little in the way of leisure for passengers, but it provides the perfect cover for Noct and his retinue to run a necessary errand.
Cartanica is a train station in Niflheim territory in Final Fantasy XV. It is visited in Chapter 10. It is an area that used to be rife with natural resources, but was sapped dry by the empire's effort to mass produce magiteknology, leaving behind a ghost town and abandoned industrial sites.
On a seat at the train station. Missable if the player doesn't read it during Chapter 10.
- Desolate district in the eastern reaches of the western continent. The railway that transects imperial territory still stops at this station, but few board the Magna Fortia from Cartanica these days.
- The elevated railroad platform offers an expansive view of the surrounding area. Retaining walls hold back soul on the Succarpe mountain slopes, while gas and oil fields pepper the ground below. The famed Fodina Caestino can also be seen from the station, with an elevator providing direct access.
- Niflheim sought to recover and restore the magiteknology of old as the key to insuring the nation's future prosperity—but mass production of said magiteknology required enormous quantities of oil and coal. Thus, the empire set its sights on Cartanica, a once-lively town rife with natural fuels. After the empire had its fill, however, the city was left a shell of its former self, drained of its resources and devoid of human life.
Prince Noctis and his friends get off the train here to visit Fodina Caestino, a local quarry because Cor Leonis had told them a royal tomb lies in its depths. Ignis Scientia lost his vision in the battle at Altissia, and Gladiolus Amicitia is unhappy with Noctis's inability to deal with his losses, and thus the atmosphere is tense as they head to the quarry. They find the tomb and Ignis speaks his mind to mend the rift that has formed between them, and the party continues their journey on the train.
- In the Omen short film Noctis ends up in a maze of stairs that appears to be the stairs from Cartanica train station.
- Cartanica currently has many areas that can only be explored via an out of bounds glitch. The 1.00 version of this location is much less finished than the current version, and had no roads or cars. The area has been updated with new buildings, a more detailed coast, and Cindy Aurum's tow truck. Despite this area having seen development since launch, Square Enix has not announced plans to implement it as a playable location in upcoming updates and DLC.