Carbuncle, or Carbunkl, may refer to:
- The recurring creature that usually appears as a summon.
- The enemy from Final Fantasy III.
- The airship from Final Fantasy XII.
- The fal'Cie of Palumpolum from Final Fantasy XIII.
- The character from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles series
- The accessory from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers.
- The enemy from Final Fantasy Dimensions.
- The enemy from Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.
- The enemy from Bravely Default.
- The enemy from Bravely Second: End Layer.
Carbuncle was a mythical creature reportedly sighted in the Americas by Spanish conquistadors. It is described as a small creature, either a bird or a mammal, that has a gem in its forehead crystallized from the brain of a dead dragon. According to myth, it is good luck to catch a carbuncle. A carbuncle is also an archaic name given to any red cabochon cut gemstone. The name applied particularly to red garnet.