The Capture Glitch is a glitch in Final Fantasy VI that involves the special Mug command Locke Cole can use. There are a couple of glitches with this, the first being that some weapons lose their special features, such as:
- Ultima Weapon: Does normal damage, cannot ignore Defense, and is stuck as a short knife.
- Ichigeki, Assassin's Dagger, Wing Edge, Viper Darts/Doom Darts (dependent on game version): No instant kills. The game version is in reference to Trump and Doom Darts, as the names are switched between the two weapons in the North American release (Final Fantasy "III") and FF6 PS (Anthology or the European release).
- Man-Eater: No 2x damage multiplier for human targets.
- Blood Sword: Does normal damage, cannot absorb HP.
- Soul Saber: Does normal damage, cannot absorb or otherwise affect MP.
- Rune Blade, Ragnarok, Lightbringer, Punisher: Cannot use MP to do critical hits.
- Hawkeye, Sniper: Cannot do random 1.5x damage to grounded enemies, or random 3x damage to flying enemies, also can no longer use throw graphics (used in place of normal strike when doing 3x damage).
- Dice, Fixed Dice: Does normal damage, Hit Rate serves normal function instead of as the number of dice to throw, resulting in a 2 or 3 Hit Rate depending on the weapon, no longer unblockable (making it near impossible to connect with an enemy due to an extremely poor Hit Rate), graphic glitches caused by the loss of a special damage formula as the game does not know what side the dice land on. Needless to say, the dice weapons are the most affected by this bug and the player should avoid pairing them with Capture.
- Valiant Knife: No longer Defense-ignoring and no more bonus from max HP - current HP.
- Kazekiri: Cannot cast Wind Slash.
- Healing Rod: No longer heals HP, does damage instead.
- Zantetsuken: Cannot dice up enemies.
- Organyx: Cannot use MP for critical blows or break.
Additionally, there is a glitch involving Capture and the Relic Master's Scroll, or any attempt to steal multiple items within a single turn. After having Locke use Capture while equipped with the Master's Scroll (or any character using two Thief Knives), the first item stolen will always be stolen, but any items that would be stolen afterward will not be added to the player's inventory (unless the monster is alone). Any items stolen after the first item cannot be stolen again under any circumstances, meaning that some items, such as Ultima Weapon's Ribbon, are lost. There is also a bugfix patch that players can use to fix this second problem of multiple steal attempts not working on the SNES version (it is called "Multi-Steal-Fix" on that page).
|Bugs and Glitches|
|Critical Hit Bug - Equipment Bugs - Intelligence Bug - Invisible Woman of Cornelia - Magic Bugs - Peninsula of Power - Running Glitch - Enemy Attack Bug|
|Final Fantasy II|
|Dual Wield Bug - Equipment Bugs - Magic Bugs - Middle Character Target Bug - Party Magic Target Bug - Peninsula of Power - Target-Cancel Bug|
|Final Fantasy III|
|Equipment Bugs - Item Duplication - Item Upgrade Glitch - Jumping Cid Bug - Magic Bugs - Magic Duplication Glitch - Peninsula of Power - Walking Through Walls Glitch|
|Final Fantasy IV|
|64 Door Hierarchy Glitch - 0 HP Character Bug - ATB Glitch - Avenger Bugs - Bypass Event Glitch - Equipment Bugs - Item Duplication - Jump Glitch - Lunar Whale Glitch - Peninsula of Power - Psycho Edward Bug - Reviving Enemies Glitch - Save Glitch - Sealed Cave Glitch - Second Form Glitch - Sneak Glitch - Sylph Glitch - Underworld AI Glitch - Yang's HP Bug|
|Final Fantasy V|
|Airship and Hiryuu Glitch - Ancient Library Glitch - Berserker Class Glitch - Black Chocobo Glitch - Catch Bug - Dancing Dagger Bug - Encounter Glitch - Equipment Bugs - Faris in Tule Glitch - Hidden Zombies Bug - Hide Glitch - Infinite Items Glitch - Item Transformation Bug - Kiss of Blessing Bug - Mix and X-Magic Glitch - Power Drink Bug - View Bug - Walking Through Walls Glitch - Walking in Air Glitch|
|Final Fantasy VI|
|0 HP Character Bug - Airship Glitch - Blank Special Attack Bug - Brown Mag Roader Bug - Bypass Event Glitch - Capture Glitch - Chocobo Riding Glitch - Confused Character Using Item Bug - Desert Hare Glitch - Double Shield Block Bug - Dream Stooges Bug - Duncan Bug - Empty Party Glitch - Encounter Glitch - Equipment Bugs - Evade Bug - Event Healing or Damage Ignores Character's Status Bug - Genji Glove Bug - Graphical Bug - Immunity Bug - Imp Status Bug - Invisible Diary Bug - Item Duplication Glitch - Jump Glitch - Level Reset Glitch - Magic Bugs - Mantra Glitch - Master's Scroll Bug - Mimic Glitch - Mimic Shadow in Coliseum Bug - Monster in Back Bug - MP Bug - Ninja Rage Bug - Opera House Glitch - Organyx Bug - Overflow Glitch - Palette Bug - Peninsula of Power - Pincer Attack Glitch - Psycho Cyan Bug - Reflectable Magitek Beams Bug - Reviving Enemies Glitch - Rippler Bug - Save Point Glitch - Sketch Bug - Slot Bug - Snort Bug - Swordless Runic Bug - Tapir Bug - Trance Glitch - Ultima Weapon and Petrify Glitch - Umaro Unequip Glitch - Vanish-Doom Bug - Vanish-Life Bug - Walking Through Walls Glitch - Wrong Leader Bug - Wrong Treasure Bug|
|Final Fantasy VII|
|Adamantaimai Cure Glitch - Aeris's Ghost and Sector 5 Church Glitches - Back Attack Glitch - Blackout World Glitch - Dancing Tifa Glitch - Diamond Weapon Glitch - Emerald Weapon Countdown Glitch - Gelnika Rude AI Glitch - Infinite Elixir Glitch - Materia Caves Glitch - Magic Defense Bug - Master Command and Support Materia Glitch - Midgar Zolom Save Glitch - Overflow Glitch - PHS Glitch - Pyramid Encounter Glitch - Quadra Magic Cave Glitch - Quadra Magic Ultima Glitch - Raid on Midgar Glitch - Regen Bug - Save Crystal Glitch - Save Point Glitch - Skipping the Midgar Zolom Scene Glitch - Inescapable Battles Glitch - Vehicles Glitch - Vincent Mug Glitch - W-Item Duplication Bug - Wutai Save Glitch - Yuffie Warping Glitch|
|Final Fantasy VIII|
|Balamb Garden Balcony Glitch - Junction Glitch|
|Final Fantasy IX|
|Gold Chocobo Bug - Thunder Slash Glitch - Marcus/Eiko Stat Bug - Overflow Glitch|
|Final Fantasy X|
|Final Fantasy X-2|
|Episode Complete Bug|
|Final Fantasy XII|
|Dead Character Glitch - Immobilize Glitch - Phoenix Down Glitch - Zone Out Glitch - Self-revival Glitch|
|Final Fantasy XIII-2|
|Live Trigger Bug - Yaschas Massif Stair Glitch|
|Final Fantasy Tactics|
|Dragqueen - JP Scroll Glitch - Jump Glitch - Poach Bug - Quickening Glitch - Weapon Duplication Bug|
|Final Fantasy Tactics Advance|
|Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift|
|Double KO Bug - Requiem Counter|
|Final Fantasy Mystic Quest|
|Equipment Bugs - Overflow Glitch - Magic Bugs|
|The Final Fantasy Legend|
|Saw Bug - Sound Test Bug|
|Final Fantasy Legend II|
|Human Fungus Glitch - Trash Can Bug - Walking Through Walls Glitch|
|Dissidia Final Fantasy|
|0 HP EX Burst Glitch - Ability Sort Bug - Chaos Intro Glitch - Double KO Bug - Holy Glitch - Invisibility Glitch - Jumping Capsule Top Glitch - Walking in Air Glitch - Chase Auto-Charge Glitch - Snooze and Lose Glitch|
|Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy|
|Holy Glitch - Double KO Bug - Walking in Air Glitch - Snooze and Lose Glitch|