|Cid: Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Calm Lands page!|
|Please expand this article into a full one. This can be done by Changing the Areas section to a Locations section, with images and brief descriptions of the areas within the location. This request can be discussed on the associated discussion page.|
- “The Calm Lands. Long ago, the high summoners fought Sin here. The road ends here. Beyond, there're no towns, no villages. Only endless plains.”
The Calm Lands (ナギ平原, Nagi-heigen?) is a location in Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2. They fall between Macalania Woods and Mt. Gagazet on a summoner's pilgrimage to Zanarkand. The Calm Lands, an expanse of wide plains, is the location where the final battle with Sin was once fought, forming a ravine to its north that has since been dubbed 'the scar'.
The middle of the Calm Lands hosts a Rin's Travel Agency. In Final Fantasy X the quickest way to traverse the Calm Lands is via chocobos, which become available if Tidus plays a minigame where he can train one. Along the eastern boundary lies the entrance to the forgotten Remiem Temple, which can only be accessed after training said chocobos, and the Monster Arena, where the player can battle monsters after capturing fiends roaming throughout Spira. In Final Fantasy X-2 the Monster Arena is a chocobo stable and a dungeon. The Cavern of the Stolen Fayth lies to the north, at the foot of the Mt. Gagazet.
Calm Lands is one of the few areas that has been remade for Final Fantasy X-2 by making it much larger than what it was in Final Fantasy X.
Yuna and her guardians cross the Calm Lands on her pilgrimage to Zanarkand, but as they have been labelled heretics and criminals they are being pursued by Yevon. After crossing the Calm Lands the party is attacked by the Guado and their machina weapon, but Yuna's party prevails and continues onwards to Mt. Gagazet.
Since the beginning of the Eternal Calm, the Calm Lands have become a place of fun and excitement for travelers. Two rival companies, Argent Inc. and Open Air, have set up several games for tourists to enjoy. The companies represent the divide between the younger generation of Spira and the older generation; Open Air is run by young adults, while Argent Inc. is managed by the elderly. The Gullwings can align with either group and assisting either one or both companies with their Publicity Campaigns to open up new games.
At the travel agency YRP can meet Lian and Ayde, two Ronso youths at the travel agency, who set out to search Spira for Kimahri's broken-off horn, and Yuna can suggest suitable locations for them to look. YRP can also find a wife for the heir to Argent Inc.
Eventually, if the YRP promote the Calm Land companies enough Tobli comes to settle the two companies' differences and they merge to become the Calm Skies Partnership.
- Calm Lands Travel Agency
- Cavern of the Stolen Fayth
- Monster Arena (Final Fantasy X)/Chocobo Ranch (Final Fantasy X-2)
- Remiem Temple (Final Fantasy X)
- Ruin Depths (Final Fantasy X-2)
Final Fantasy XEdit
- Main article: Shiva (Final Fantasy X Boss)
- Main article: Chocobo (Final Fantasy X)#Chocobo Racing
The player can play four types of chocobo races on the Calm Lands, used as a method of taming and training wild chocobos. The player can find an NPC on the plains who lets Tidus race chocobos and after having tamed a chocobo, the player can take the chocobo for a ride around the Calm Lands. In the hardest race, the racer must catch as many balloons on the track as possible while avoiding incoming birds. The racer with the better final time wins (a bird adds three seconds while a balloon removes three seconds from the racing time). To win the Sun Sigil for Tidus's Celestial Weapon, a time of 00:00 is required.
- Main article: Monster Arena
When the player first visits the Monster Arena, the owner will ask the party to capture monsters of Calm Lands for the Arena as previously all escaped. After completing this side task, the player will be able to collect monsters from all around the Spira. Capturing more monsters of various species and numbers unlocks more and more dangerous monster with each capture.
Tidus's Celestial WeaponEdit
Final Fantasy X-2Edit
The games of the Calm Lands are played by betting credits. The player start out with 100 credits for each agency courtesy of Rikku and Paine. Winning games can win credits, otherwise they are available through the shop for 10 gil per credit. One can also ride the hover to another attraction for 10 credits. If the player rides either hover ten times they will receive a pass that lets one ride for 5 credits for both companies. After Episode Complete, the former manager of Argent Inc. will give the player a pass to ride for free.
Gull Force Live (Must receive Episode Complete)Edit
- Main article: Publicity Campaign
The player can advertise the Calm Lands attractions around Spira.
If the player finds a wife for the son of Argent Inc. owner they can get a Speed Bracer as a reward.
- Note: If the player haven't participated and completed the mission in Chapter Two, it can be participated and completed in Chapter Three.
- Note: This is not a compulsory mission, thus is not required to complete the game.
Exterminate the fiends that have taken up residence in the ruins. Leave no fiend unslain!
- Objective: Wipe out all the fiends.
- Unlock: Becomes available when Clasko, Calli and the chocobo board the airship.
- Reward: Highroad Winds Garment Grid, Alchemist dressphere.
- Note: If the player haven't participated and completed the mission in Chapter Three, it can be participated and completed in Chapter Five.
Rescue the tourists who didn't make it out of the cave! They hold the key to unlocking its secrets.
- Objective: Save the tourists from the fiends.
- Unlock: Becomes available at the beginning of Chapter Three.
- Reward: Besaid Key, Energy Core, Tetra Master Garment Grid, Star Bracer accessory.
- All Chapters – The player must raise either Open Air or Argent to publicity level 5 via the Publicity Campaign sidequest. If, in Chapter 5, the player hasn't managed to pitch to enough people, they can still play the minigames to get more publicity to get the Episode Complete.
- Chapter 3 – The player must rescue all the tourists trapped inside the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth.
The Chocobo Ranch quests or the matchmaking sidequest do not affect Episode Complete.
- Tidus's Celestial Weapon, Caladbolg, is found in a small cave to the northwest.
- The Sun Sigil, needed to enhance the power of the Caladbolg, can be won in the Chocobo Races.
- The Aeon's Soul is awarded to Yuna after facing Belgemine's aeon for the third time. It allows the aeons to increase their stats using spheres. The higher the aeon's stats the more spheres are required.
- The Cerulean Ring can be found at the Northwest area of the Calm Lands, where the glyph for Tidus's Celestial Weapon was found in Final Fantasy X.
- If the player finds a wife for the son of Argent Inc. owner they can get a Speed Bracer as a reward.
- Anacondaur x2
- Chimera Brain
- Chimera Brain x2
- Coeurl, Mech Scouter (flaming) x2
- Coeurl x2
- Epaaj, Mech Scouter x2
- Epaaj, Mech Scouter (flaming) x2
- Epaaj x2
- Flame Flan, Mech Scouter, Skoll
- Flame Flan, Nebiros, Shred
- Ghost, Mech Scouter (flaming) x2
- Ogre, Skoll x2
- Mech Scouter, Nebiros, Skoll
- Shiva (Boss)
- Defender X (Boss)
- Penance (Boss) (International Version Only)
|Trouble with the audio sample?|
The theme that plays in the Calm Lands in Final Fantasy X is known as "Yuna's Decision".
In Final Fantasy X-2 the theme to Calm Lands is known as simply "Calm Lands". A piano arrangement of the theme is included on the Final Fantasy X-2 Piano Collection album.
- An early concept design for Final Fantasy X shows what appears to be the prototype Calm Lands.
- In the north edge, along the Scar, there is a patch of soil in the shape of a heart (this patch is actually an encounter-free zone).