Front-words, back-wards, any way you see! Such a strange spell to swish-swish-aree!
These brooms are animated by Matoya with her magic, the Brooms recited strange phrases to the Warriors of Light as they sweep around her cave. The Brooms reveal the buttons to access the world map depending on which version of the game is played.
- Original Final Fantasy: "TCELES B HSUP", when read backwards it says "PUSH B SELECT".
- Final Fantasy Origins: "Elcric d'na, trats", backwards for "Start and Circle".
- Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls: "Tceles Nottub B" which means "B Button Select".
- Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Edition: "Tceles Nottub Hsad" which means "Dash Button Select".
- Final Fantasy for smartphones: 'Wodniw Sutats Dloh Dna Pat' which means "Tap and Hold Status Window."
There's another enchanted broom that belongs to a nameless witch, both can be found in the streets of Gaia, however she mentions that her broom always tried to weasel its way out of its chores. Within the Labyrinth of Time, brooms can also be found within the dungeon.
Non-Final Fantasy guest appearancesEdit
The Witch is clearly based on Matoya, along with her magic broom that appears like an ordinary broom. It can manifest a face and a pair of arms, able to move on its own. The broom is a sentient being, able to talk with Captain N and his entourage.
In the context of witchcraft, broomstick is likely to refer to the broom as a whole, known as a besom. A besom is a broom, a household implement used for sweeping.