- “This suit of armor is cleverly designed so that no two pieces of metal rub against each other.”
- —Description, Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
- “Clothes that raise Strength”
Brigandine is a mid to high-ranked armor that only Zidane and Amarant can equip. It costs 4,300 gil to buy, and provides 20 Defense, +1 Strength, and teaches the abilities Ability Up and Return Magic.
Brigandine is a popular mid-level crafted body armor that can be equipped by most melee Jobs, with a distinct checkered surcoat. The basic version provides +10 HP, +2 DEX, and +2 VIT. The HQ +1 version, on the other hand, goes further and adds an extra +1 to all attributes and +15 HP, on top of NQ's DEX and VIT boosts.
Brigandine is a mid-ranked armor that requires the Light Armor 5 license, which costs 25 LP, in order to use it. It can be bought in several locations for 2,500 gil, and provides 160 HP and +18 Defense.
- “A cloth garment reinforced with plates of a mythril and platinum alloy.”
Brigandine is a low to mid-ranked armor that provides +50 HP and costs 2,500 gil to buy.
- “Clothes made so the metal strips won't rub together.”
Brigandine returns as a low-ranked armor that provides 37 Defense and 6 Magic Resistance. It teaches the Counter ability to Thieves and White Monks. It can be bought from Muscadet for 3125 gil and any other town for 3330 gil.
Brigandine is a low-ranked armor that provides 33 Defense and 6 Magic Resistance, as well as teaching the Red Mage and Juggler the Sticky Fingers ability. It can be bought for 1280 Gil in the shop after creating it in the Bazaar after using a Gikhet Lead, Prime Tanned Hide, and Moon Bloom.
Brigandine is a high-ranked armor that provides +17 Strength and Intelligence, but lowers Agility by 2.
Brigandine is a mid to high-ranked armor, usable at level 40, and provides 44 Defense. It is bought for 496 gil.
- “Lightweight aror made from small metal pieces that have been woven onto a thick, sturdy fabric. It offers some protection from slashing weapons, but almost none against bludgeoning and piercing attacks.”
Brigandine is a basic piece of body armor with a physical defense increase of 9 and a magic defense increase of 2. It has no special effects. It may be purchased for 600 pg from a Norende Armor Shop of at least level 2.
The Brigandine is one of the two strongest Light Armors, a Level 99 equipment piece that increases HP by 2,717, and increases Wall Rush Bravery defense by 40%. It can be traded for a Vishnu Vest, five Lone Hearts, and 23,940 gil.