The Braegh is a Rank IV Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt becomes available after felling Judge Bergan at Mt Bur-Omisace. Braegh is fought in the Corridor of Ages area of the Salikawood; to get to this area the player must defeat King Bomb in the Grand Bower. Braegh can be found at the dead-end immediately behind the way to the Necrohol of Nabudis.
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 19: Rodeo to the Death Edit
- Petitioner: Va'Kansa
- Petitioner's Location: Mosphoran Highwaste
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of the Braegh (Rank IV). The petitioner is Va'Kansa in the Babbling Vale in the Mosphoran Highwaste.
- Hunt accepted. Va'Kansa says he was attacked by the Braegh in the Salikawood on his way to do business on the Phon Coast, and was separated from his traveling companion. The Braegh is to be found in the Salikawood.
- Braegh defeated! Report to Va'Kansa in the Babbling Vale in the Mosphoran Highwaste.
- Hunt reported to Va'Kansa. However, the merchant remains petrified of the Salikawood, and will probably never make the journey to the Phon Coast again.
Bestiary entry Edit
Fearsome Stallion burning bright, in the Jungle of the Night! It is thought this fell Equine was created when Lightning struck a Nightmare, lodging a Lightning Elemental within its Form. Its supple, metallic Hide is a fantastic Material, being at once both Flexible and Hard. Recent incidents involving Attacks upon trading Caravans led one Victim to post a Bill for this Mark.
Braegh is vulnerable to ice magic. Braegh's Invert skill can be reflected. If it uses Invert that is being reflected back onto it, it will be left with less than 999 HP.
The Nihopalaoa + Remedy combo works best, rendering the mark almost inoffensive. Even without using this method, one or two melee units equipped with Icebrands (or Tridents) accompanied by Berserk and Haste will kill this mark quickly.
Buffing the party with Reflect may be a good idea. If the player has the Esper Cúchulainn, it can be summoned instead, since it starts with the Reflect status and cause Braegh to cast Invert on itself, leaving it with less than 999 HP.
In the original version of the game, the rewards for defeating the mark are the following:
In the Zodiac Job System and The Zodiac Age version, instead of the Obelisk, the player will be rewarded with the Caliper instead.
"Braegh", despite its misleading spelling is pronounced "buh-rai", and is a portmandeau of the Japanese word for thunder rai, and the Hindi word for evil, burai.