Blood of Bahamut is a title from Square Enix for the Nintendo DS. It was developed by Think & Feel, the team who last created Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. As of yet there has been no reported connection to the earlier game, Bahamut Lagoon. Blood of Bahamut features real-time action, however, the developers urge that tactics and preparation are the keys to victory, rather than reflexes.
Blood of Bahamut is set in cities built upon sleeping giants. At the beginning of the game (or before the game) the giants awaken, and try to kill the residents living on them. The giants are references to the Summons from the Final Fantasy series.
- Ibuki (イブキ, Ibuki?): The male main protagonist armed with a sword. He is a summoner with the power of the White Dragon residing in his body.
- Yui (ユイ, Yui?): Female main protagonist and Gigant-clan member who wields a cane staff.
- Kamo-Ogre (カモ＝オウガ, [missing rōmaji]?): Commander of the Ifrit clan, uses a battle axe.
- Santiago (サンチアゴ, Sanchiago?): Fenrir clan elder, wields a spear.
- Ryuma (リュマ, Ryuma?): Broke from the Shiva clan to travel the world as a "free spirit", wields a hand-held cannon.
- Ren (レン, Ren?): Another Gigant clan swordsman. Wields a samurai's katana.
- Aslan (アスラン, Asuran?): Knight of unknown origins, wields a greatsword.
- Gigant (ギガント, Giganto?): The first giant that must be defeated. It has the appearance of a giant humanoid, and is somewhat similar to Alexander. A more powerful version of Gigant resembling the Knights of the Round can be fought as well, called Gration (グラティオン, Guration?).
- Fenrir: The second giant that must be defeated. A more powerful version of Fenrir can be fought as well, called Vanargand (ヴァナルガンド, Vanarugando?).
- Ifrit: The third giant that must be defeated. A more powerful version of Ifrit can be fought as well, called Beelzebub (ベルゼブブ, [missing rōmaji]?).
- Gilgamesh: The fourth giant that must be defeated. A more powerful version of Gilgamesh can be fought as well, called Durga.
- Shiva : The fifth giant that must be defeated.
- Bahamut: The final giant that must be defeated. His second form is called Shin Bahamut. A more powerful version of Bahamut can be fought as well, called Chaos Bahamut.
Blood of Bahamut is a role-playing game in which up to four players battle giant beasts that are featured on both screens of the DS. It is also mission-based, with over 130 missions in total. In order to defeat a giant, players must first destroy its protective armor, then attack its "core", and finally attack its other body parts. The giants can summon smaller beasts, which the players must battle simultaneously. Defeating a giant's body parts and the smaller beasts will grant players "materials" which can be used to produce powerful weapons.