A flurry of attacks leading to a splendidly impressive shot.
Blitz King (キング・オブ・ザ・ブリッツ? or キングオブザブリッツ, Kingu obu za Burittsu?, lit. King of the Blitz) is a recurring ability in the series. It is the Limit Break for Jecht, first appearing in the Dissidia series.
Jecht attacks enemies by kicking them into the air, slamming them back down, and then impaling them with his sword and leaping into the air. Two timer meters appear as Jecht kicks a boulder apart and then kicks the shards at the opponent. The player must press to stop the cursor as it moves back and forth across the meter, and the closer to the middle of the meter the cursor is stopped, the more pieces Jecht shatters the boulder into before kicking them at the opponent. Two "Great!" ratings causes the rubble to circle out and converge on the opponent and explode, similar to Tidus's Energy Rain.
- No action: Kicks the entire rock for a minimal damage.
- Good-Good: Breaks the rock in two and kicks it two times. 2 sets of bravery damage.
- Good-Great: Breaks the rock in two and kicks it three times. 3 sets of bravery damage.
- Great-Good: Breaks the rock in four and kicks it two times. 3 sets of bravery damage.
- Great-Great: Breaks the rock in four and kicks it three times. Greatest bravery damage.
Blitz King returns as Jecht's EX Burst, unchanged from the previous game.
Blitz King is an exclusive reactive ability that costs 18 CP to equip. It is activated in Battle Music Sequences (BMS) when a boss-class enemy appears. Deals damage in direct proportion to Strength and Spirit. It is learned by Jecht (level 40).
The name of Blitz King is meant to parallel the ultimate Overdrive of his son Tidus, Blitz Ace. The "blitz" refers to blitzball, a sport both excel at, but the word derives from German. Blitz is a German word for "lightning". In English it is associated with quickness.