- “The master's teachings, must use a Blitz technique.”
Blitz (必殺技, Hissatsu Waza?, lit. Special Move) is Sabin Rene Figaro's ability in Final Fantasy VI. In the original versions Blitz is activated by pressing a certain combination of buttons into the controller, much like a fighting game. To use a Blitz, the player must press to give the Blitz command, then, while the cursor is pointing at Sabin, press the proper button commands, and then press again to input the command. Due to the Game Boy Advance and iOS/Android versions not possessing or buttons, the Blitzes which use those buttons are input differently in these releases with the and buttons replaced with with up-right and up-left.
In the smartphone version, the Blitz commands are input via choosing the arrows that appear on the screen when executing Blitz. There is button feedback when hitting the buttons and it is possible to cancel mistakes. The player's last inputted Blitz will be repeated if Auto Battle is selected without having to manually input it again. Previously there was no in-game help on how to perform Blitzes, but this has been corrected in the recent update.
List of BlitzesEdit
|Physical damage to one opponent. Battle Power is 110, ignores Defense.||Level 1|
|Unleashes a flurry of blows on a single enemy.|
|Holy-elemental damage to one opponent. Spell Power is 68.||Level 3|
|Blasts a single enemy with a bolt of holy energy.|
|Physical damage to one opponent. Battle Power is 180, halved if there is more than one enemy. Some enemies are immune.||Level 10|
|Hurls a single enemy into the ground.|
|Fire-elemental damage to all enemies. Spell Power is 42, ignores Split Damage.||Level 15|
|Engulfs all enemies in spiritual flame.|
|Heals other party members equal to Sabin's current HP divided by the number of other party members, cures Blind, Poison, Silence and Sap. Due to a glitch, if Sabin is Confused and uses Chakra when there is one opponent, they are healed for 9,999 HP.||Level 23|
|Restores some HP to all other party members.|
|Wind-elemental damage to all enemies. Spell Power is 78, ignores Split Damage.||Level 30|
|Slashes at all enemies with a cutting wind.|
|Restores HP/MP of everyone in the party and recovers from Blind, Zombie, Poison, Imp, Petrify, Doom, Silence, Berserk, Confuse, Sap, Sleep, Slow, Stop, and Freeze. Drains Sabin's HP/MP and removes him from the battle.||Level 42|
|Sacrifices self to fully heal all other party members.|
|Non-elemental magic damage to one opponent. Spell Power is 128, ignores Defense.||Level 70|
or visit Duncan's Cabin with Sabin in World of Ruin.
|Deals massive damage to a single enemy.|
One of Sabin's cards can use Phantom Rush for one Earth CP and the discard of a Sabin card, but can only use it when Sabin is attacking. Phantom Rush removes a Forward of the player's choosing from the game.
- The Phantom Train is vulnerable to Sabin's Meteor Strike, called Suplex in the Super Nintendo localization. A suplex is a throw which usually involves arching/bridging either overhead or twisting to the side, so the opponent is slammed to the mat back-first. Sabin's ability to do this with a train has become an inside joke among fans.
- Sabin can also suplex himself if he is confused and is the last standing member of the party.
- Sabin's Blitz "Aura Cannon" ("AuraBolt") has the same button commands as the famous "Hadouken" from Street Fighter. They are both ranged attacks, but Aura Cannon more closely resembles the more powerful "Shinkuu Hadouken" from the later X-Men vs Street Fighter and VS series games.
- In the same vein, the "Raging Fist" ("Pummel") shares the button command and name of a special move in the Art of Fighting series, and is one of the signature moves of the Kyokugenryu style of karate, practiced by protagonist Ryo Sakazaki.