Black Magic (黒魔法, Kuro Mahō?), sometimes shortened to Black, Blk Mag or Blk Magic, and known as Black Magick in the Ivalice Alliance, is a recurring command and one of the main types of Magic in the Final Fantasy series. It focuses mostly on spells that deal direct damage, although some strategic magic is often included as well. In titles that feature the job system, Black Magic is commonly associated with the Black Mage Job class, but is also usually available to Red Mages and Sages.
- Main article: Magic (Final Fantasy)
Black Magic is not a skill set but a subcategory of spells, and can be taught to Ninja, Red Mages, Red Wizards, Black Mages, and Black Wizards, but only the last can use every Black Magic spell in the game.
- Main article: Magic (Final Fantasy II)
Black Magic spells can be learned by any character, and their potency is tied to the Intelligence stat.
- Main article: Magic (Final Fantasy III)
The magic system is similar to the one from the first installment of the series. Black Magic spells can be taught to any character, but can only be used by Black Mages; Red Mages; Scholars; Magi; Sages and Onion Knights and Freelancers in the remake.
- Main article: Black Magic (Final Fantasy IV)
The Magic skill set was split into several specialized skillsets. Only Rydia, Tellah, Palom and Fusoya can learn and use Black Magic. The Black Magic command's Charge Time varies, and its charge time it taken from the spell the player selects to cast.
- Main article: Black Magic (Final Fantasy IV -Interlude-)
- Main article: Black Magic (The After Years)
- Main article: Black Magic (Final Fantasy V)
- Main article: Blk Mag (Final Fantasy IX)
- Main article: Blk Magic (Final Fantasy X)
- Main article: Black Magic (Final Fantasy X-2)
- Main article: Black Magic (Final Fantasy XI)
- Main article: Black Magicks (Final Fantasy XII)
All characters can purchase Black Magick licenses to cast bought spells. All Black Magick spells deal magick damage.
In International Zodiac Job System, Black Magick gained several ailment-inducing spells from the Green Magicks skillset.
- Main article: Black Magick (Tactics)
Black Magick is the skill set of the Black Mage job.
- Main article: Black Magic (Tactics Advance)
Black Magic is the action ability of the Black Mage job.
- Main article: Black Magick (Tactics A2)
Black Magick is the skill set of the the Black Mage, and shares learned abilities with High Magick for hume characters. Black Magick abilities are learned through Rods for Black Mages, and Books for Seers.
- Main article: Spell (Mystic Quest)#Black Magic
Black Magic is one of three types of magic spells, these elemental spells are use offensively on enemies.
- Main article: Magic (Legend III)#Black Magic
Black Magic is one of the categories of magic spells in the game which consists mainly of damaging spells. However, there is a good amount of non-damaging spells that causes different effects from those of White Magic.
- Main article: Black Magic (The 4 Heroes of Light)
Black Magic is one of the categories of magic spells in the game, and can be equipped and used by any job.
- Main article: Black Magic (Bravely Default)
- Main article: Black Magic (Dimensions)
Black magic has traditionally referred to the use of supernatural powers or magic for evil and selfish purposes. With respect to the philosophy of left-hand path and right-hand path, black magic is the malicious counterpart of benevolent white magic.