Behemoth King can be found in the Edge of Reason area of the Feywood. Although it is a behemoth, its body is wyrm-like, resembling Fafnir. Behemoth King is fought in the Trial Mode at stage 90 in the Zodiac versions.
Hunt 42: Truth Shrouded in MistEdit
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of the Behemoth King (Rank VII). The petitioner is Koqmihn in Dalan's house in Rabanastre.
- Hunt accepted. Koqmihn wants you to discover what truth lies behind the legend of the Behemoth King said to live on a snowy plain deep within a forest.
- Behemoth King defeated! Report to Koqmihn in Dalan's house in Rabanastre.
- Hunt reported. Koqmihn rejoiced to hear the legend was true. His friend's dying wish had been to find out once and for all. Koqmihn then told you the continuation of the legend.
- Following the legend's trail, you investigated the dragon's head on Mt Bur-Omisace and were rewarded for your curiosity.
Being a legendary Guardian, Protector of all that lives within the Feywood. Long thought to exist only in Myth, until one brave Soul ventured into the Wood in search of proof, only to lose his life in the attempt. His friend petitioned the hunt for this Mark.
Finding Behemoth KingEdit
This mark can be tedious to spawn, since all of the monsters in Ice Field of Clearsight, and the Giruveganus in Edge of Reason, must be cleared, including respawned enemies. The quickest way of doing this is by killing the Giruveganus enemy in the Edge of Reason section first, then returning and killing the 29 enemies in the Ice Field of Clearsight and Behemoth King will spawn in place of the Giruveganus. The player does not need to kill any other enemies in Edge of Reason apart from Giruveganus, or spawn the Mandragoras, to fight Behemoth King.
When the Behemoth King's health reaches a certain point, it will either throw up a Magick Wall or a Anti-Magick. Depending on which, it will either become immune to spells or physicals. One can trigger the changing of its immunity by casting Arise on it twice. If Behemoth King becomes immune to spells, it will begin using its powerful physicals and White Breath, which damages the party and can inflict Stop. If it becomes immune to physical damage, the King will pummel the party with elemental spells. Eventually either the Shield or Anti-Magick will fall, but the Behemoth King will quickly erect the barrier of the opposite type—when the Anti-Magick falls it uses Magick Wall, and vice versa, effectively alternating its immunity at a regular basis.
When Behemoth King's HP drops below 10%, it will use Growing Threat, doubling its level.
During his spell immune phase, the player will be hard-pressed to heal, as the Behemoth's Kings physical blows can do several thousand damage even with Protect in effect, but the player can conversely do great damage with their strong weapons. During its physical immune phase, its various elemental spells can be guarded against with the right equipment, and the player should use the spell Shock for offense, as Shock animates quickly and still does a lot of damage.
After Behemoth King uses Growing Threat a Quickening chain, if the player can do one long enough, can kill it quickly at this point.
- 250 gil
- Bacchus's Wine
While that may not seem like much at first, on Mt Bur-Omisace the player can find a rock shaped like a wyrm's head near Relj. The player must unequip any weapons from Vaan and hit the rock to obtain the full reward for the hunt.
- 500,000 gil
- Rod of Faith
Behemoth King appears as an enemy.
Behemoth is a beast mentioned in Job 40:15–24. In addition to mythological creatures, it is likened to elephants, hippos, rhinos, and bison. Metaphorically, the term behemoth denotes "an extremely large or powerful entity."
- Although being encountered late in the game, the Behemoth King is briefly mentioned earlier: one of the garif gatekeepers in the entrance to Jahara will tell the player how his grandfather told him a tale of a forest south of Jahara where the Mist runs thick, and that there lives a great Wyrm of Earth. As the Feywood is the only forest located south of Jahara, and is overfilled with Mist, the Behemoth King fits the description. The garif wondered how the story went, referring to how both he and Koqmihn learned about the Behemoth King through a fairy tale.