Beastmasters use the innate gifts of the nu mou to command beasts to do their bidding.
The Beastmaster is a job from Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. This Mediator-like job is exclusive for the nu mou. They control various monsters (one at a time) for a turn, mainly to help the Blue Mages gain their spells; beyond that, they are considered more of a gimmick class.
Unlike previously, the Beastmasters' abilities are limited. The controlled monster cannot execute command 'Move', but remain stationary and only rely on any adjacent target, or their ranged skills or magicks. The under 'Control' status is removed, and they are not able to be controlled until the Beastmaster's turn comes up again, unlike previously. As compensation, the Beast Lore ability ignores hit rate or the target monster's evasion.
The Beastmaster's impressive HP growth can be exploited through leveling, to compensate for the frailty of nu mou units. Although the nu mou have no physical job classes, this class is the closest to being one. It is available after finishing the quest "Knowing the Beast".
To unlock the Beastmaster, the player must complete the "Knowing the Beast" mission.
The powers of the BEASTMASTER are the powers of the beasts themselves.
|Take control of dreamhares.|
|Deadly Nightshade||Lamia Harp||2||150|
|Take control of deadly nightshades.|
|Take control of baknamy.|
|Take control of flans.|
|Take control of lamias.|
|Take control of wolves.|
|Take control of werewolves.|
|Take control of shellings.|
|Take control of headlesses.|
|Take control of zombies.|
|Take control of ghosts.|
|Take control of deathscythes.|
|Takes control of malboros.|
|Take control of bombs.|
|Take control of ahrimans.|
|Floating Eye||Brilliant Theorbo||2||150|
|Take control of floating eyes.|
|Take control of sprites.|
|Take control of antlions.|
|Take control of cockatrices.|
|Take control of drakes.|
|Take control of behemoths.|
|Critical: Haste||Ninja Gear||Gain HASTE when user becomes HP Critical.||250|
|Immunity||Survival Vest||Neither buffs nor debuffs can be removed from the user.||150|
- The improvement about Beastmaster's Beast Lore is that the abilities can be performed regardless of Accuracy or Evasion since all of them cannot resist against being controlled.
- The downside of Beast Lore ability is that the monsters can no longer be controlled to move and can only perform Actions statically.
- Beastmasters can no longer control Tonberries.
- Beastmasters' Beast Lore abilities are best to only be used as secondary A-ability.
- Beastmasters' Speed growth is the best among the nu mou jobs and the only way to improve a nu mou's Speed efficiently is to level them up as Beastmaster.