Bartz is not seen, but Gilgamesh mentions his name after his defeat, and the party ponders who or what is Bartz.
Bartz along with Lenna, Galuf, Krile, Faris, Cid, and Mid, appears at the end of Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals. Legend of the Crystals is a four-episode anime OVA released in Japan from March to July in 1994, and the United States from 1997 to 1998. The anime is set 200 years after the events of Final Fantasy V and follows Linaly, Bartz's descendant, and her friend Prettz.
In the Japanese version, Gilgamesh's line, "Huh? Was it you...?" when he appears is "「ん？ オマエなのか・・・・？ バ・・・・？」" ("Huh? Was it you...? Ba...?"). The "Ba...?" in the end could mean he was talking about Bartz (バッツ, Battsu?), though he does not appear in the game. It is possible that Gilgamesh, at first glance, thought Squall Leonhart was Bartz due to their somewhat similar appearances.
Bartz appears as a legendary (5-stars) Triple Triad card.
|Bartz Klauser Card|
|Totaltotal stats of the card||28|
|Obtain||Random drop from the trial "Battle in the Big Keep".|
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)Edit
As a roaming adventurer traveling with Zidane, the two compete over finding a Crystal, but Bartz is captured and spends much of his storyline spying on Chaos's forces as he attempts to find his way back to Zidane. Bartz is pursued by his nemesis Exdeath, who acts with Kuja to trick him into endangering Zidane.
His alternate outfit is based on his conceptual artwork by Yoshitaka Amano, giving him white hair and a black, red and white outfit.
Bartz returns as a Warrior of Cosmos in the prequel to Dissidia Final Fantasy alongside the other characters from the original. He is confronted by Gilgamesh who has wandered into World B by chance while traveling between worlds. Wishing to have their promised rematch Gilgamesh does not realize Bartz cannot remember him, but Bartz accepts the challenge anyway.
Bartz emerges victorious, and Gilgamesh fades back into the Void. Bartz later accompanies Zidane and Squall to meet with Kuja, who is planning to betray Chaos, but the three are forced to fight him when Kuja is caught by the other Warriors of Chaos and attacks the three to save face. Bartz is incapacitated by Kain as part of the latter's plan to save his comrades from the manikins.
Bartz's third outfit is based on his Freelancer appearance, giving him a plain blue tunic with white leggings and sleeves and green boots. As a bonus downloadable fourth outfit, Bartz takes on his Dancer appearance, wearing black pants with a green sash and a red shirt opened down the front to expose his chest.
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2015)Edit
Bartz is a playable character for the Arcade system, as a representative of Final Fantasy V. His moveset is again revamped but instead of mimicking the other warriors he has a new moveset with a new set of weapons and original moves.
He is classed as a Unique-type character, and his play style revolves around mastering a job that he uses to increase proficiency; once an attack is "Mastered", he'll get a temporary buff that affects the job attack he used. By mastering all job attacks, he'll get a variety of buffs.
His EX Skill grants buffs to all current party members.
Bartz is set to appear as an obtainable character.
|Cloud: I couldn't finish 'em. Looks like this's gonna get complicated.||The following tables are incomplete and require the level 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70 Stats areas to be filled. If you wish, please examine the table and add anything missing. Remove this notice upon completion.|
Since he was a child, Bartz has traveled the world with his father. Even after Dorgann's premature death, Bartz continues the journey with his faithful chocobo Boko to fulfill his father's dying wish. Upon saving a princess from being attacked by monsters on his travels, he is pulled into the battle of the crystals and throws himself into the struggle for peace.
Bartz is a default playable character, based on his appearance in Dissidia.
He is a Speed oriented character. His Limit Break, Master Mime, deals damage in proportion to his Strength, Magic, and Luck.
iOS stats Edit
|Sic (Lv1)||10||Level 15|
|Master Mime||18||Level 40|
|Escape (Lv2)||3||Level 45|
|Dash (Lv2)||12||Level 60|
|Sic (Lv2)||15||Level 80|
|Escape (Lv3)||4||Level 85|
|Dash (Lv3)||16||Level 90|
Bartz returns as a default playable character. If the player did not select him among their party of four, he can later be unlocked by collecting Red Crystal Shards.
He is a Speed oriented character. His Limit Break, Master Mime, functions the same as before, dealing damage in proportion to his Strength, Magic, and Luck.
|Sic (Lv1)||10||Level 10|
|Choco Cure||2||Level 15|
|Master Mime||18||Level 40|
|Blink (Lv1)||5||Level 45|
|Dash (Lv2)||12||Level 55|
|Sic (Lv2)||15||Level 60|
|Dash (Lv3)||16||Level 80|
|Sic (Lv3)||20||Level 85|
|Auto Potion||15||Level 95|
A young man with a strong sense of justice, rough around the edges but unable to ignore someone in distress. He travels the world to honor his father's dying wish.
Bartz is an ally and a summonable Legend. He is depicted in his default Final Fantasy V and default Dissidia outfits.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
On the advice of his late father, this piano-playing youth now wanders the world.
Bartz is an exclusive character available from the Premium Character Shop as a random downloadable content. He uses the Master Mime ability during battle.
A young man who's short on words, but always ready to help a friend in need. His father's dying wish was for him to travel the world, and now Bartz is every bit the adventurer his father had hoped.
Bartz is a playable character who could be recruited during the Challenge Event Big Bridge Showdown as the First Time Reward for completing the event's stage Ronka Ruins - Interior on Classic difficulty. He has also appeared in Successors of the Dawn.
Bartz is a Wanderer, whose combat role is as a Physical/Magic Hybrid.
- Record Spheres
|Job||S.Lv 1||S.Lv 2||S.Lv 3||S.Lv 4||S.Lv 5|
|Warrior||+1 ATK||+70 HP||+1 DEF||+1 ATK||+2 ATK|
|Red Mage||+1 ATK||+1 DEF||+1 RES||+60 HP||+2 ATK|
|Knight||+1 DEF||+1 ATK||+100 HP||+1 DEF||+2 DEF|
|Gladiator*Requires mastery of Warrior's Record Sphere.||+3 ATK||+3 DEF||+200 HP||+4 ATK||+5 ATK|
|Spellblade*Requires mastery of Warrior of Red Mage's Record Spheres.||+3 ATK||+3 ATK||+170 HP||+6 ATK||+6% Spellblade Ability Damage|
|Paladin*Requires mastery of Knight's Record Sphere.||+3 DEF||+3 ATK||+4 DEF||+250 HP||Use 3★ Knight Abilities|
His default Soul Break is Shield Toss which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment deals damage to one target equal to 140% damage potency of a conventional attack and raises user's Defense by 30% for 20 seconds. The dagger Air Knife (V) allows Bartz to use Blade Wing which at the expense of one Soul Gauge segment deals two wind attacks to all enemies equal to 155% damage potency of a conventional attack, totaling to 310% damage potency, and inflicts Sap on all targets with 29% accuracy.
He can equip accessories.
- No. 137: "A young man who appears in the tales from another world, where he hailed from the village of Lix and was involved in the war of the Crystals. His father's last wish was for Bartz to travel the world, and thus he roams, from one land to the next with his chocobo, Boko. In the course of this wandering, he sees a meteorite fall from the sky and strike Tycoon. Following its path, he meets the princess Lenna, and Galuf, an old man who has lost his memories. This is how his true adventure begins. Using the skills that his father, Dorgann, passed on to him, he defeated many strong foes...though he cannot defeat his childhood fear of heights so easily."
- No. 138: "A young man who appears in tales from another world, where he hailed from the village of Lix and was involved in the war of the Crystals. He is passionate, and a powerful ally who does not hesitate to help his comrades. He travels with his friends to protect the Crystals of wind, water, fire and earth. Yet the Crystals are destroyed, one by one, by outside forces. Still, as each Crystal shatters, Bartz and his allies gain new skills to help them in their noble cause."
- No. 139: "A young man who appears in tales from another world, where he was involved in the war of the Crystals. During his journeys to protect the Crystals, he learns of the existence of Exdeath, an ancient warlock seeking to lead the world to destruction. More astoundingly, he learns that his late father was one of the four Warriors of Dawn who had previously sealed away Exdeath and saved the world. Following in his father's footsteps, he sets out to unseal the Legendary Weapons and defeat Exdeath within the Interdimensional Rift."
- —Entries for different versions of Bartz.
- CV: Jason Spisak / Soichiro Hoshi
- Age in Grymoire: 20
- Notes: Travels with a chocobo / Believes helping strangers is just what you do / Tied by fate to someone not-so-great
- Road Warrior
- Wherever the wind blows, there you will find Bartz and his constant companion, Boko. Sometimes treasure hunter, sometimes monster hunter, sometimes champion of justice—whatever Bartz is up to today, you know it'll be for the good of thos in need. No matter how difficult the challenge, he'll solve it with style and aplomb before disappearing into the sunset.
- Bartz's quest to explore the world isn't mere fancy, but rather the dying wish of his father.
- Nothing can contain Bartz's boundless enthusiasm and thirst for adventure. With a sack over his shoulder and a song in his heart, he travels from place to place, a smile on his lips as he faces even the most hopeless of situations. He can even match the ever-exuberant Rikku's excitement levels, and that's no easy feat.
- Perhaps Bartz has doubts and worries like anyone else, and never lets them show. Or...maybe he really is just that carefree. But once Bartz decides to involve himself in something, he'll see it through to the end. "Never give up" is his motto, and he never has.
- First World of Origin
- FINAL FANTASY V:
Bartz is depicted in numerous cards. His cards show him in different jobs as well as his Yoshitaka Amano artworks, and Dissidia Final Fantasy artwork and renders. Most of his cards are wind-elemental though some of the job cards have other elements as well.
Bartz appears as an opponent and on Triple Triad cards in the version available via the Final Fantasy Portal App. On Easy he uses the rule Three Open. On Normal he uses Same and Plus. On Hard he uses All Open, Same, Plus and Chaos, and the rare five star cards of himself can be won from him. He uses the trading rule One.
Puzzle & Dragons Edit
Bartz appeared during the Final Fantasy collaboration event that started on March 21, 2016.