- "Musicians whose dulcet tones soothe savage beasts...or kill them."
- See also: Bard.
The Bard is a job in Final Fantasy V, which is part of the Fire Crystal job set. However, the actual shard is located on a chocobo later on. The Bard has the worst Magic Power out of all mage classes, as well as the second-lowest Stamina in the game, making them extremely prone to dying. Bards focus primarily on their Sing skillset, of which comes to great use in areas with lots of Undead enemies as they are capable of quickly eliminating them. Otherwise, the Bard is considered one of the worst jobs in the game, if not the worst job overall.
Bards are the only job outside of Freelancer which can equip harps. Unfortunately, Harps are not very effective as the damage most of them do are based on a percent of the enemy's current HP and therefore will not do very much damage (with the exception of Apollo Harp, as it does not deal damage based on percentages).
The Bard's costume is designed to reflect a medieval minstrel. All five characters appear to be wearing a green shirt and headband. Lenna and Krile wear skirts, Bartz and Faris wear pants or leggings, and Galuf's shirt hangs down, covering his legs.
- Job Command - Sing
- Innate Abilities - None
- Equipment - Knives, Harps, Hats, Robes, Armlets
The Bard has a whole host of songs. Some songs can only obtained in the first or second world. While the effects of some songs are instantaneous, other songs are "continuous", which basically means the Bard will continue to sing until he/she is hit by an attack, killed, or silenced, though in most cases the effect of the song will retain even after the Bard stops singing. Of another note, if a character is turned into a Zombie while singing, they will continue to still sing as a zombie.
- Sinewy Etude - Continuously raises the party's strength.
- Mana's Paean - Continuously raises the party's magic. Found in top floor of the Library of the Ancients in Merged World.
- Swift Song - Continuously raises the party's speed. Found in the King's Chamber of Castle Surgate.
- Mighty March - Casts regen on party. Found in Crescent (Minstrel's House).
- Hero's Rime - Continuously raises the party's levels. Found in Crescent (Minstrel's House) after playing every piano.
- Requiem - Damages the undead. Instantaneous. Found in Quelb.
- Romeo's Ballad - Stops enemies for a few turns. Instantaneous. Found in Istory.
- Alluring Air - Confuses all enemies. Instantaneous. Found in Lix.
Of note, Equip Harps gives the character +11 Magic and Agility.
Upon mastery, Freelancers gain a bonus to Agility and Magic Power.
The stat modifiers for Bards are:
- Strength: -8
- Agility: +8
- Stamina: -9
- Magic: +11
|Final Fantasy V Jobs|
|Wind Crystal (Wind Shrine)|
|Knight - Monk - Thief - Black Mage - White Mage - Blue Mage|
|Water Crystal (Walse Tower)|
|Red Mage - Time Mage - Summoner - Berserker - Mystic Knight - Mime|
|Fire Crystal (Fire-Powered Ship)|
|Beastmaster - Geomancer - Ninja|
|Fire Crystal (Chocobo Forest)|
|Ranger - Bard|
|Earth Crystal (Ronka Ruins)|
|Dragoon - Dancer - Samurai - Chemist|
|Game Boy Advance Jobs|
|Necromancer - Cannoneer - Gladiator - Oracle|