Balouve Mines is a dungeon in the Leide region in Final Fantasy XV. It is a multi-tiered mine where the player can take an elevator to travel between its four levels. It is on the way to Galdin Quay from the rest of Leide, and there is a parking spot outside the mines.
Although the player can come across it in Chapter 1 and all regular enemies are level 7 Goblins, the dungeon boss is a level 52 enemy, but can be taken out even at low levels with the right strategy. The boss can perform Instant Death attacks, so the player should be sure to bring Phoenix Downs. Retrieving the royal arm in the mines yields 10,000 EXP. The mines have many good accessories to find as treasures.
The Goblin's bestiary entry implies that the miners who used to work at the mines were turned to goblins by Starscourge. The monolith found in Balouve Mines Menace implies it is the newest menace dungeon. The About the Kings of Yore document in Final Fantasy XV: Comrades posits that royal tombs were erected as a memorial to the king or queen who claimed that land in the name of Lucis, suggesting the site was joined in Lucis during the rule of the Clever whose tomb now lies in the mines.
Atop the pipes near the parking spot.
- Excavating facility dug out of the Callaegh Steps. These mines single-handedly supported the modernization of Lucian architecture: the Insomnian skyline is composed almost entirely of the skyscrapers constructed with Balouve-made building stones.
- While some sought employment of the mines as a more traditional means of achieving economic security, many hoped to strike it rich by capitalizing on rumors of rare metals hidden within the limestone walls. People flocked to the area, and a bustling mining town arose in turn.
- The pipelines winding across present-day Leide are a testament to the centrality of natural resources like oil and gas to the region's economy, while the trade of mineral resources has all but dried up. After the daemons made the nest of the mines, the miasma they produced began eroding the walls and tainting their composition. Before long, the area was deemed unfit for excavation, and the mines closed for good.
Retrieve the royal armEdit
The player can attempt the dungeon at a lower level, provided they eat something that provides substantial stats boost, such as Kenny's Special Recipe. The recipe only needs to be ordered once for 7,200 gil and can be recreated using garlic, which can be bought for a low price, and wennath salmon, which can be fished at Rachia Bridge. Stats boost from camping last longer if the upgrades it via the Ascension Grid.
The dungeon only has level 7 Goblins and the boss, Aramusha, who is at level 52. The goblins will send minecarts hurtling toward the party. They can be avoided by staying off the tracks, but being hit by them doesn't do much damage.
The dungeon can be considered the easiest optional dungeon. Many of the treasure found in the mine are items for the player's car and basic healing items, but there are also some good accessories and the Royal Arm at the end.
Upon entering the mines the party takes an elevator down. The player is free to explore each floor, but the player needs to go to the second basement floor, and head north to the bottom right corner of the map to come across a bridge. When on the bridge the dungeon boss appears to knock the party off the bridge. If this happens, the player can make their way either to the elevator, or to the staircase that leads up.
At the bottom of the mine the player will find the boss. In the room where Aramusha is fought the player can climb the stairs to the top to find an Emerald Bracelet. Near the red vehicle there is a Champions Anklet.
Aramusha can kill in one hit and has strong area of effect moves. He can launch purple tentacles out the floor. Aramusha is weak to lightning. He won't leave the bottom floor, so the player can hit him from afar with ranged weapons and magic. Aramusha can be poisoned, and thus his HP can be whittled down even early on in the game.
After the boss battle, the player can search the northeast corner of the room on one of the upper levels for a crack Noctis can squeeze though to reach the royal tomb to claim the Bow of the Clever. This yields 10,000 EXP. After the boss room the player can head towards the elevator on that level and find a Friendship Band behind it.
- Rainbow Pendant
- Rusted Bit
- Silver Ore x2
- Gold Ore x2
- Emerald Bracelet (very top of the boss room)
- Oracle Ascension Coin
- Champions Anklet
- Prismatic Dust
- Chrome Bit x2
- Elixir x2
- Friendship Band
- Mythril Shaft
- Iron Shavings
- Bow of the Clever (royal arm)
- Balouve Mines was inspired by an actual abandoned mine in Japan the developers had visited.