The Azim Steppe is an upcoming location in Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood.
A vast expanse of grassland that stretches across the far reaches of northern Othard, the Azim Steppe is said to be the ancestral home of the Au Ra, and remains to this day the home of the nomadic Xaela clan. Devout worshipers of the Dawn Father and the Dusk Mother─Azim and Nhaama─the Xaela are known for their unique set of beliefs. They are divided into fifty different tribes, all of which are very territorial and are engaged in a constant and fierce battle for land.
These vast grasslands are home to many nomadic Xaela tribes.
There are Aetherytes located in the following two areas:
- Reunion, North of the Ruby Sea passage.
- The Dawn Throne, in the center of the map.
The Azim Steppe contains the following areas:
- The Sea of Blades - Grasslands area to the east.
- Onsal Hakair - Mountainous area to the north.
- The Towering Still - Mountainous area to the west, also supports a network of caves.
- Azim Khaat - The center area, containing giant stone structures that look like fingers, and a bowl structure that overlooks the Azim Steppe.
- Nhaama's Retreat - Grasslands leading to the Nhaama Desert.
Used by traders from all over to sell their various wares, considered neutral ground and guarded by the Qestir Tribe.
Home of the Mol Tribe, who rely on the Gods to guide them in their daily lives. They tend to move their camp to continue supporting their livestock in the harsh environment.
Home of the Dotharl Tribe. In the language of the Steppe, "khaa" means spring, which is located at the center of their tribe. It is a rare oasis in the deathly dry climes of the Nhaama Desert.
The Dawn ThroneEdit
Holy Land to the Xaela, said to be sculpted by the hands of Azim the Dawn Father and birthplace of his son.
Azim's face is etched into the base of the province. Currently home to the Oronir and Buduga Tribes.
The Azim Steppe's climate may exhibit any of the following weather conditions:
- Fair Skies
Places of InterestEdit
- Ragill's Reckoning - A defensive wall outside the tribe of Reunion, presumably created to keep out the beasts and establish a more permanent position for the mostly-nomadic Xaela tribes.
- Path of the Craven - A broken wooden bridge northeast of Reunion, leading to The Wound where presumably more Xaela tribes live.
- Qerel Iloh - A broken down settlement of the Qerel tribe.
- Kahkol Iloh - A broken down settlement of the Kahkol tribe.
- The Dusk Throne - A gigantic statue depicting Nhaama, the Dusk Mother.
- The Uyagir Caves -
- Ceol Aen -
- The Hundred-and-one Revelations -
- Chakha Zoh -
- Moonrise -
These named rivers run from the lake at the bottom of the Dawn Throne, they are called "Khaal" which means river.
- Hak Khaal
- Rai Khaal
- Nem Khaal
- Tao Khaal
- Yat Khaal