Atomos is a Rank III Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt becomes available after felling Judge Bergan at Mt Bur-Omisace. Atomos can be found in the Northern Skirts area of the Mosphoran Highwaste. Atomos is part of the Jovy side quest in Nalbina.
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 17: Trouble in the Hills Edit
- Petitioner: Burrogh
- Petitioner's Location: Jajim Bazaar, Nalbina Fortress
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of an atomos (Rank III). The petitioner is Burrogh in the Jajim Bazaar in Nalbina.
- Hunt accepted. Burrogh tells you an atomos has been attacking caravans coming over the mountains. The atomos is to be found in the Mosphoran Highwaste.
- Atomos defeated! Report to Burrogh in the Jajim Bazaar in Nalbina.
- Hunt reported. The caravans come to Nalbina once more, and Burrogh is a happy bangaa.
Bestiary Entry Edit
Being a mutant Slaven, its body encrusted with all Manner of precious Crystals. With the passing of Months and Years, the Impurities in these Crystals are gradually absorbed by the Creature, purpling their natural Ochre Hue to beautiful Effect. These Crystals are traded for a high Price, making their Bearers the Target of much Over-hunting by Soldiers tasked with acquiring Funds for Archadia's War Effort. So have these Slaven learned to fear and attack Men, and for this Reason was a Bill for this Mark posted.
Atomos is found in the Northern Skirts at the downhill slope with Vultures. The player can try to take out the Vultures first without alerting Atomos. Two tanks and a caster-ranged-fighter mix is a good setup. One should cast Protect on both of the tanks, then Haste, then Bravery, and finally Berserk.
Atomos can be inflicted with Disable and Sleep, which render it useless. The Nihopalaoa+Remedy trick can be used to inflict both at once. Atomos can use Purify to heal its statuses when it's not incapacitated and White Wind to immunize itself against statuses, and the effect lasts for around two minutes.
Atomos has active HP Attack when the battle starts and ignores evasion, making equipping shields useless, although inflicting it with Blind will cause its attacks to occasionally miss. If not afflicted with Disease the mark uses Restore once it loses half HP, but when it goes critical, it stops using the skill.
- 1,800 gil
- Gaia Rod
- Diamond ShieldIn the International Zodiac Job System, the Platinum Shield will be received instead
Atomos is the Greek word meaning "indivisible" and is the the origin of the word "atom" which means "that which cannot be cut."