|Final Fantasy XII Mark|
|Location||Mosphoran Highwaste (Northern Skirts)|
|Uncommon Steal||Tanned Giantskin|
|Rare Steal||Gemini Gem|
|Very Rare Drop||None|
|Canopic Jar Drop||None|
|Attacks||(8-hit max), Gnaw, Power Stun, Spin Kick|
|Abilities||Purify, Regen, Protect, Shell, Restore|
|Innate abilities||Safety, Null Knockback, Null Weather and Terrain Effects, Null Evade, Adrenaline, HP Devour|
If HP <50% - Attack Plus
If HP <20% - Attack CT = 0
If Purify - White Wind
|Immune to||Death, Petrify, Stop, Doom, Reverse, Poison, Oil, Lure, Berserk, Warp, Poach, Fractional Damage, Sight Unseeing, Syphon, Numerology, Charm, Achilles, Wither, Addle|
|Other Information||Has Protect and Shell.|
Has 50% Haste.
Atomos is a Rank III Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt becomes available after felling Judge Bergan at Mt. Bur-Omisace. Atomos can be found in the Northern Skirts area of the Mosphoran Highwaste. Atomos is part of the Jovy side quest in Nalbina.
Hunt 17: Trouble in the HillsEdit
- Petitioner: Burrogh
- Petitioner's Location: Jajim Bazaar, Nalbina Fortress
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of an atomos (Rank 3). The petitioner is Burrogh in the Jajim Bazaar in Nalbina.
- Hunt accepted. Burrogh tells you an atomos has been attacking caravans coming over the mountains. The atomos is to be found in the Mosphoran Highwaste.
- Atomos defeated! Report to Burrogh in the Jajim Bazaar in Nalbina.
- Hunt reported. The caravans come to Nalbina once more, and Burrogh is a happy bangaa.
- Genus: Rank III Mark
- Classification: Mutant Slaven
- “Being a mutant Slaven, its body encrusted with all Manner of precious Crystals. With the passing of Months and Years, the Impurities in these Crystals are gradually absorbed by the Creature, purpling their natural Ochre Hue to beautiful Effect. These Crystals are traded for a high Price, making their Bearers the Target of much Over-hunting by Soldiers tasked with acquiring Funds for Archadia's War Effort. So have these Slaven learned to fear and attack Men, and for this Reason was a Bill for this Mark posted.”
Atomos is found in the "Northern Skirts" at the downhill slope with Vultures. The player can try to take out the Vultures first without alerting Atomos. Two tanks and a caster-ranged-fighter mix is a good setup. One should cast Protect on both of the tanks, then Haste, then Bravery, and finally Berserk, and the party will be doing 1,000 - 2,000 damage per attack.
Atomos can be inflicted with Disable and Sleep, which render it useless. The Nihopalaoa+Remedy trick can be used to inflict both at once. Atomos can use Purify to heal its statuses when it's not incapacitated and White Wind to immunize itself against statuses, and the effect lasts for around two minutes.
Atomos has active HP Devour when the battle starts and ignores evasion, making equipping shields useless, although inflicting it with Blind will cause its attacks to occasionally miss. If not afflicted with Disease the mark uses Restore once it loses half HP, but when it goes critical, it stops using the skill.
The word "atom" which means "that which cannot be cut" is from the greek word atomos.