Angeal... WHAT HAPPENED TO HONOR?!
Angeal Penance is a boss in Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII-. Having fused with several Angeal Copies, the resulting creature attacks Zack in an effort to force Zack to kill him.
Angeal Penance uses a variety of different attacks:
- Double Trident Slash, a Angeal Penance's physical attack that hits twice.
- Wings of Pride, a physical attack that hits eight times.
- Charge of Greed, a physical attack that hits once and ignores Vitality.
- Rage of Sloth, a magical attack that hits once.
- Thunder of Envy, a Lightning-elemental magical attack that hits once.
- Defense of Lust, gives Angeal Penance Barrier and MBarrier.
- End of Gluttony, heals Angeal Penance for a moderate amount.
- Unleashed Wrath, magical attack that ignores Spirit and cannot be blocked.
The player should avoid Angeal Penance's charging attack and attempt to land critical hits on it by attacking from behind. Angeal Penance's attacks can be difficult to dodge, but the player can avoid most of them by hitting it from the behind. Firaga will also most likely cause high damage.
Zack is best equipped with a Bolt Armlet or any other Thunder-resistant accessories to minimize the damage caused by Angeal Penance's Lightning attacks. Angeal's elemental attacks can also be easily nullified if Zack has an Elemental Ward Materia equipped. On occasion, Angeal will cast Barrier and MBarrier to protect himself; however, this should not be a problem if Zack has Dispel Materia equipped.
Penance is repentance of sins as well as the proper name of the Roman Catholic, Orthodox Christian, and Anglican Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation/Confession.
Each one of Angeal Penance's attacks except Double Trident Slash is named after one of the Seven deadly sins (pride, greed, gluttony, lust, envy, sloth, and wrath).
- Angeal Penance's design resembles the Ultima Weapon's enemy appearance from Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VIII, in that it's a large plated centaurean-like monster with a large maw beneath the human torso.