Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Al Bhed Primers (アルベド語辞書, Arubedo go jisho?, lit. Al Bhed Dictionary) are items in Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 that solve the enciphered language of the Al Bhed, each translating one letter.
This is a list of all Al Bhed primers found throughout Spira. "Missable" means this Primer must be taken when the player is at the location, or they are moved to the Bikanel Desert and can only be obtained after gaining control of the airship.
- Note: Primers XIX through XXII can only be obtained on the player's storyline visit to the location. However, they can be acquired by syncing the Primers with the Al Bhed Spheres available in the Travel Agencies.
|I||Al Bhed Salvage Ship (if missed, re-obtainable in Bikanel Desert, northeastern area of the Oasis)||Y||A||No|
|II||Besaid Village - Crusaders Lodge||P||B||No|
|III||S.S. Liki - Power Room (if missed, re-obtainable in Bikanel Desert, tent where Wakka was found)||L||C||No|
|IV||Kilika Port - Tavern||T||D||No|
|V||S.S. Winno - Bridge (if missed, re-obtainable in Bikanel Desert, by rubble near where Kimahri is found)||A||E||No|
|VI||Luca Stadium - Basement B||V||F||No|
|VII||Luca Theater - Reception||K||G||No|
|VIII||Mi'ihen Highroad (Automatically get from Rin)||R||H||No|
|IX||Mi'ihen Highroad - Newroad, North||E||I||No|
|X||Mushroom Rock Road - Precipice||Z||J||No|
|XII||Moonflow - North Wharf||M||L||No|
|XIII||Guadosalam - House||S||M||No|
|XIV||Thunder Plains - Agency (tell Rin "Okay" when prompted; speak to Rikku, then Rin inside Travel Agency before going to Yuna's room) (if missed, re-obtainable in Bikanel Desert)||H||N||No|
|XV||Macalania Woods - Lake Road||U||O||No|
|XVI||Lake Macalania - Agency Front||B||P||No|
|XVII||Sanubia Desert - Central||X||Q||No|
|XVIII||Sanubia Desert - Central||N||R||No|
|XIX||Al Bhed Home||C||S||Yes|
|XX||Al Bhed Home - Living Quarters||D||T||Yes|
|XXI||Al Bhed Home - Main Corridor||I||U||Yes|
|XXII||Bevelle Temple - Priests' Passage (can only be obtained right after the wedding scene)||J||V||Yes|
|XXIII||The Calm Lands - Central||F||W||No|
|XXV||Cavern of the Stolen Fayth||O||Y||No|
When the player collects a certain number of primers, their Al Bhed ranking increases to a certain level.
|Al Bhed Hujela (Novice)||1|
|Al Bhed Pakehhan (Beginner)||4|
|Al Bhed Typpman (Dabbler)||7|
|Al Bhed Maynhan (Learner)||10|
|Al Bhed Cbaygan (Speaker)||13|
|Al Bhed Hydeja (Native)||16|
|Al Bhed Unydun (Orator)||19|
|Al Bhed Medanyde (Literati)||22|
|Al Bhed Sycdan (Master)||26|
- The Celsius - Speak to Brother and Buddy after completing the first mission.
- Luca - Speak to Rin in Luca after completing the "Behind the Scenes" mission.
- Djose Temple - Sign up for the desert excavation by talking to Gippal.
- Macalania - Talk to the Al Bhed woman standing outside the shop at the lake. Must be done before the "Follow That O'aka" mission.
- Bikanel - The player will obtain one primer upon the first visit to Bikanel. After that, all remaining primers that have not been obtained can be found through digging (this can be done in any Chapter except Chapter 4).
The player can still get the Djose and Macalania primers in Chapter 2 if missed in Chapter 1.
- The Celsius - Talk to Shinra at the beginning of the Chapter.
- Djose - Talk to Gippal.
- Djose - The player can get two primers here. For the first, talk to Gippal before completing the "Protect Besaid Temple!" mission. The second will be obtained when the "No Way Djose" mission starts.
- Macalania - Obtained before the "Secure the Agency" mission starts.
- The Celsius - Once the chapter starts, talk to Paine on the Deck and then go to the Bridge. This will obtain the first primer. For the second, watch the Djose and Macalania CommSphere events.
- The Celsius - After meeting with Leblanc at the Farplane, go to the Deck and trigger the scene with Brother and Buddy.
- Djose - Must defeat the Experiment for the first time.
- Thunder Plains - Obtained after completing the "A Fallen Genius?" mission.
The Al Bhed Primer is a special trade accessory that can only be obtained via Battlegen in a battle against a Friend Card of Jecht, and is used to create the Wyrmhero Blade. When the item description is translated from Al Bhed, it reads "Give my best to Y, R, and P". This is a reference to Yuna, Rikku, and Paine.
- In Final Fantasy X, the 26th Al Bhed Primer (the translation for Z) into Al Bhed is mistakenly named as "Al Bhed Primer XVI" or the 16th (P) in the North American version of the game. However, its function and description remains correct.