|Final Fantasy VII Boss|
|エアバスター (Ea Basutā)?|
Meet "Air Buster". Our Weapon development department created him. I'm sure the data he'll extract from your dead bodies will be of great use to us in future experiments.
- —President Shinra
The battle is a Side Attack with Tifa and Barret on one side, Cloud on the other side, and Air Buster in the middle. Unlike most opponents, attacks to the back of Air Buster will deal five-times normal damage instead of the regular double damage. Air Buster turns to face whoever attacked it last.
Air Buster is resistant to Fire. It will only use Big Bomber for the first four turns of the battle, in "Program 1 Operation". After that, it will read "Big Bomber's out of ammo." and then enter "Program 2 Operation" and use the weaker Energy Ball for the rest of the battle. Also, only uses Bodyblow as counter-attack. This counter-attack may be used either turning to face Barret and Tifa (high accuracy), or turning to face Cloud (low accuracy). Also it can hit to one character from behind using his Rear Gun attack. When Air Buster have below 20% of its Max HP, it can no longer turn.
Using Limit Breaks against Air Buster's back results in a quick fight and the combined power of Cloud's and Barret's Limits can take down Air Buster in a single turn. If the party doesn't have Limit Breaks built up, they should use normal attacks against its back and use Bolt.
Air Buster turns to face whoever attacked it last, so Cloud should attack it first, so it turns its back towards Tifa and Barret. Both Tifa and Barret should then attack in succession, as attacks to the back yield more damage. Air Buster will turn its back to Cloud, giving him a free shot for more damage.
- Turn to face Cloud and Turn to face Barret & Tifa are animations. They also serve as a toggle to who the Air Buster faces, which plays an important role in the script. Destroyed is also an animation.
- Turn off Death Handling means that the usual death animation for bosses no longer happens.
Air Buster appears as an enemy in Pictlogica Final Fantasy.
Air Buster's Big Bomber ability can deal a lot of damage, so make sure you're ready to heal, kupo. Good thing he only has four shots! It's still a good idea to heal up right away, though.
- —Dr. Mog's Advice
Air Buster appears as the boss of Mako Reactor No. 5 in Final Fantasy Record Keeper.
- Attack: Deal physical damage to one target.
- Bomb Blast: Deal moderate physical damage to one target.
- Tail Gun: Deal special physical damage to one target.
Out of Ammo form
- Atack: Deal physical damage to one target.
- Energy Ball: Deal special physical damage to one target.
- Additional Information
When Air Buster runs out of Big Bomber shells, it enters its Out of Ammo form.