They are trained in the use of magic as per the wish of the Vermilion Bird Crystal, whose peristylium the cadets are sworn to serve and the Crystal chooses its l'Cie from their ranks. The Crystal's goal is that come Tempus Finis, its l'Cie would enter the Land of Judgment and become Agito, saving Orience.
In Akademeia, cadets are assigned to twelve classes that specialize in different duties for battle. Gifted cadets can be transferred to Class Zero, the thirteenth and elite class.
After the formation of the dominion and its military, the cadets began to enmesh with the legions. Although Agito Cadets were not officially affiliated with Rubrum's military, they were required to participate in routine combat training to hone their abilities. Several cadets also gained in-the-field experience through participation in remote, small-scale operations.
After Milites invades Rubrum, Agito Cadets are to officially join the ranks of the dominion legions. The Dominion Central Command decides that, due to the cadets' limited numbers, each unit would consist of ten to twenty cadets attached to an infantry regiment. Each team would receive an additional support unit, forming an independent composite brigade.
Legion officials struggled directing these small-yet-powerful squads, and the administration assigned Akademeia instructors as the cadets' commanding officers, whom the cadets would report to receive mission orders. The military views the cadet units as powerful, highly mobile squads.
All students wear the same uniform: a black jacket and white pants for males, and a red plaid skirt and a black jacket for females. Both sexes wear mantles tied at the neck with a gold ring that has a phoenix on it. The color of these mantles varies depending on the student's class; e.g. Class Zero has red mantles, Class First has blue mantles, and so on. Trainees wear gray mantles. The mantles are said to analyze the cadets' biological data and provide information on how to treat injuries incurred in the field. Most students customize their uniform to suit their own personal style and/or for practicality in combat.
Members of Class Zero, along with Tiz and Joker, are also depicted as wearing long hooded overcoats worn by the dominion legionaries; it is unknown if these coats are standard issue for all Akademeia students. The summer uniform is an alternate uniform that consists of a short-sleeved white shirt, black gloves, and capes, with a black tie and dark pants for male students and a black vest, bow tie, and black skirt for females. The formal uniform is an alternate coloring of the students' standard uniforms; Class Zero cadets wear red coats with black cuffs, white mantles, and white gloves, with black pants for male students and black skirts for females.
Aside from Class Zero, there are twelve classes that specialize in different duties for battle, along with a group designated for trainees. Classes are identified by the color of the mantles worn by its cadets, and each class moogle represents the characteristics of its assigned class. Contrary to popular belief, the twelve classes do not represent job classes. Instead, there are general descriptions about the classes' specialties, with some classes sharing similar duties, and other classes just being known for the types of students they have.
To become a cadet one must pass a written exam, a practical exam and an interview, all of which demand exceptional talent and effort. Becoming a cadet has many perks, as even if their magic ability diminishes with age, cadet experience can help secure a position in many fields.
- Class Zero - Known as a legendary or mysterious class, with the latest cadets chosen by Akademeia's archsorceress Arecia Al-Rashia. They wear red mantles.
- Class First - Known as "the Elite Class", was the strongest group of cadets prior to Class Zero's arrival. They wear light blue mantles.
- Class Second - Specializes in frontline offense, and even has a group of cadets dedicated to summoning Bahamut. They have the most members, but the most casualties as well. The class does joint missions with Class Third frequently. They wear indigo blue mantles.
- Class Third - Specializes in black magic, and the strongest group to wield magic. The class does joint missions with Class Second frequently. They wear purple mantles.
- Class Fourth - Specializes in recovery magic, leading many of its members to the battlefield as medics. There are few males in this class. They wear orange mantles.
- Members of this class include Deuce in Final Fantasy Agito and Miwa in Final Fantasy Type-0 Side Story: The Reaper of the Icy Blade.
- Class Fifth - Specializes in both offense and defense, giving them many opportunities to enter the battlefield. They wear yellow-green mantles.
- Class Sixth - Specializes in black magic along with Class Third. They wear green mantles.
- Members of this class include Sice in Final Fantasy Agito.
- Class Seventh - Specializes in recovery magic. They wear pink mantles.
- Class Eighth - Specializes in collecting Knowing Tags. They wear yellow mantles.
- Class Ninth - A class thought to be lucky or incompetent, but is actually working alongside the Intelligence Division and taking part in black ops. They wear brown mantles. They have a reputation of not studying and having poor grades. The administration has set up a special outdoor learning facility for them. In truth, the cadets masquerade as "buffoons" to conceal their true role as intel agents who take on jobs no one else wants to do: theft, reconnaissance, or assassination.
- Class Tenth - Specializes in both offense and defense. They wear black mantles. They are said to be independent and usually don't perform joint missions.
- Members of this class include Azuma in Final Fantasy Type-0 and Cater in Final Fantasy Agito.
- Class Eleventh - Specializes in research, working alongside Sorcery and Armory. They wear white mantles.
- Class Twelfth - Known for its eccentric members. They wear turquoise mantles.
- Trainees - Cadets not yet assigned to a class. They wear gray mantles.
As party membersEdit
The player characters—fourteen in all—are all Agito Cadets from Class Zero.
Agito Cadets are fought as enemies during the mission "Machina's Struggle".
The player can create their own cadet, to serve as the game's protagonist.
[aɡɪtoː] is a Latin verb conjugation meaning "I put in motion". It is the first principal part (first-person singular present active indicative) and citation form of the verb; its infinitive form is agitāre, "to put in motion".Agito
cadet is a trainee. The term is frequently used to refer those training to become an officer in the military, often a person who is a junior trainee.A
- ↑ Final Fantasy Type-0 Ultimania, pg. 017.