- "Before the advent of alloys made by Man, adamantite was for many years the strongest metal known. Even today its quality and strength are peerless, save for a handful of rare alloys. That is why they tell of the fool who swallowed a shard of adamantite, only to have it cut its way out of his belly. A salutary tale, to be sure!"
- —Research Notes
Adamantite (アダマンタイト, Adamantaito?), sometimes called Adamantine (アダマンタイン, Adamantain?) or Adamant, is a precious metal found in several installments of the Final Fantasy series. It is usually used to make valuable weapons.
Once the party finds a Rat Tail, they can trade it for Adamantite in the Adamant Isle Grotto. If the party takes this to the Dwarven Smith Kokkol, he will combine it with the Mythgraven Blade to form Excalibur.
Adamantite is found in the meteor Galuf arrived on, and is used to upgrade the airship to fly higher and reach the Ronka Ruins. Later, the party collects Adamantite from the other meteors to travel to Galuf's world.
Adamantite is a valuable Materia Fusion item. When used in a fusion, it will grant Vitality + 1 to the new Materia for each piece used. It can be obtained from the Crazy Sword as a rare drop, Scarlet Pick as a normal drop, stolen from the Grandpanzer, and dropped by and stolen from the Goliath.
Adamantine is an item that teaches a Guardian Force the Vit+60% ability. Some are also needed to upgrade weapons to their ultimate forms. Minotaur's card modifies into 10, and they can also be obtained from Adamantoises.
The Adamantite is an accessory that grants HP +100%, Defense +120, Magic Defense +120, and constant Protect and Shell statuses. It is also very heavy, so Agility is lowered by 30 points. In the NTSC/PAL versions it can only be received as a prize from the Gunner's Gauntlet minigame. It is an unique accessory in the game as only one can exist per save file. Since the minigame can be started in Chapter 2, the player can get this accessory fairly early on in the game.
In the International version of the game, Adamantite can alternatively be acquired by completing the storyline of Machina Panzer. Again, this can only be done once per save file.
Finally, winning Demon Cup randomly awards the player with Adamantite accessory.
Adamant Ore is a rare ore found in Final Fantasy XI. It can be mined from some of the more out of the way mines, or dropped off of the legendary Adamantoise. Adamant ore can be fashioned into a wide variety of adamant weapons and armor.
- "The strongest material known to exist in nature. Mention of this metal in the oldest records of Ivalice attests to its long-established uses."
- "Hardest known naturally occurring metal, its strength Adamantite surpasses that of most alloys. It has been widely used since antiquity"
Adamantite is a high grade Durable Metal material, which can be obtained during Mission 7-1, Mission 8-6, Summoning Melee (The Feol Warren), and the mission Restoring Honor.
- "A mineral boasting diamond-like hardness. Functions as a transformational catalyst."
Adamantite is a mineral that costs 220,000 gil to buy. It is used in upgrading equipment. Although its name is very similiar to most of the Oretoises (including Adamantoise and Adamantortoise), they cannot be dropped at all.
- "A mineral boasting diamond-like hardness."
The Adamantite is now able to drop from the Long Gui, but the drop rate is low. It is used for various medium-tiered gear and sells for around 10,000 gil.
- "Emerald green ore found in metamorphic adamantoise."
The Adamantite is a common Mission item, and boosts the party's Defense if taken along on a mission.
- "This beautiful greenish-hued ore is obtained from the fossilized remains of an adamantoise."
The Adamantite returns as a loot, and can be obtained by completing the missions Seeking the Stone, Aid the Serpent, Foodstuffs: Nutrition, and Popocho's Chocobos, and is required to make several pieces of equipment, including the Adamant Blade, Tulwar, Claymore, Rhomphaia, Nosada, Stardust Rod, Godhand, Tiger Fangs, Death Claws, Shield of the Four, Dragon Mail, and Adamant Armor.
- "Material taken from the shell of an adamantoise. Synonymous with "hard"."
Adamantite is a material that can be obtained either by winning it from Giant Crab or Larkeicus in the final battle, both on Very Hard mode, or by creating it for 320 gil by using up one Adaman Shell, one Tortoise Shell, and five Grain of Lights.
- "A legendary metal of unrivaled hardness."
Adamantite is a trade accessory that can be obtained by exchanging it with a Pink Tail and 2,000 gil. It can be used to trade for the Adamant Knife, Adamant Shield, Adamant Helm, and Adamant Vest.
- "A legendary metal of unrivaled hardness."
|Armlets - Amulets - Boots - Belts - Female-Exclusive Equipment - Gauntlets - Rings|
|Final Fantasy V - Final Fantasy VI - Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- - Final Fantasy IX - Final Fantasy X-2 - Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings - Final Fantasy XIII - Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Tactics - Tactics Advance - Tactics A2 - Vagrant Story - Type-0 - Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates - Echoes of Time - 4 Heroes of Light - Dimensions - Dissidia - Dissidia 012|