Final Fantasy XI SpellActinic Burst
|Effect||Area of effect Flash effect.|
|Casting Time||0.5 sec|
|Recast Time||60 sec|
|Magic Type||Blue Magic|
Actinic Burst (A.バースト, A. Bāsuto?, lit. A. Burst) is a Blue Magic spell in Final Fantasy XI learned from Ghrahs. It greatly lowers the accuracy of enemies within area of effect for a brief time. It is popular for Blue Mages because the severity of the Flash effect allows the caster to regroup in a pinch, and also because of the Auto Refresh combo. Like Flash, it also generates a large amount of Enmity and is a useful tool for Blue Mage tanks. This spell costs four Blue Magic Points to set and grants HP+20 and CHR+4 when set.
- Severely reduces accuracy compared to Blind, the effect weakens over time until it wears off.
- Inflicts the Flash status, which stacks with the Blind status.
- Can be overwritten by the White Magic Flash, and cannot overwrite that spell's Flash effect.
- Acquires a significant amount of Enmity.
- This status effect cannot be removed by Blindna, but can be removed by Erase, Esuna or Healing Waltz.
The following spells can be set, in certain combinations, to acquire Auto Refresh as a Blue Mage. The player must set 8 Auto Refresh points-worth of spells to obtain the trait.
|Level Available||Spell||Blue Magic Points cost||Auto Refresh points|
|58||Light of Penance||5||2|