Accessory (アクセサリ, Akusesari?) is a classification of equipment in the Final Fantasy Series. They are supplementary items separate from normal Armor that can provide a wide range of effects, from stat boosts, to providing the user with status buffs, or some other beneficial effect. Some more common Accessories are the Gold Hairpin, Reflect Ring, and the Ribbon.
Accessories have been classified by a variety sub-categories, including the following:
- Armlets - Accessories that are worn on the arm or on the hands. Examples include: Protect Ring, Astral Bracers, Silver Armlet, and Thief Gloves.
- Amulets - Special wards that usually increases Magic or prevents statuses.
- Belts - Accessories that are worn around the waist. Examples include: Black Belt, Champion Belt, and Muscle Belt.
- Boots - Accessories worn on the feet. Examples include: Battle Boots, Hermes Sandals, Sprint Shoes, and Red Shoes.
- Gloves - Accessories that cover the entire hands.
- Rings - Accessories worn exclusively on the fingers.
In most games, each character can only equip one accessory at a time, excluding Final Fantasy VI and Final Fantasy X-2 where the player can equip two, and Final Fantasy XIII, where multiple extra slots can be unlocked. In these cases, it does not matter what type the accessory is as the player could potentially equip two Ribbons if they so choose. However, equipping two of the same accessory usually yields no additional bonus, with the exception of a few accessories such as Earrings and, in Final Fantasy XIII's case, synthesized abilities.
|Armlets - Amulets - Boots - Belts - Female-Exclusive Equipment - Gauntlets - Rings|
|Final Fantasy V - Final Fantasy VI - Final Fantasy VII - Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- - Final Fantasy IX - Final Fantasy X-2 - Final Fantasy XII - Revenant Wings - Final Fantasy XIII - Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Tactics - Tactics Advance - Tactics A2 - Vagrant Story - Type-0 - Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates - Echoes of Time - 4 Heroes of Light - Dimensions - Dissidia - Dissidia 012|