- “The people sought places like this. A place where they could be with friends while drinking. A place where you could get over the depression of reality or maybe forget about reality and think of the future.”
- —On the way to a Smile: Case of Tifa
The 7th Heaven (セブンスヘブン, Sebunsu Hebun?) is a bar and restaurant owned and run by Tifa Lockhart in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII; serving as a home base for many of the games' main characters, specifically Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children onwards.
After visiting many places in an attempt to continue their lives after Meteorfall, Tifa Lockhart, Cloud Strife and Barret Wallace returned to Midgar where they spent their time helping those still living within the ruined city. After creating a fermented alcohol, which he had learned how to make from his time in Corel, Barret developed the idea of creating a business selling the liquor; with the intention of helping the people of Midgar "unwind" from the stress presently facing the populace.
Deciding to build a bar much like the one AVALANCHE had operated from before Meteorfall, the three, with the help of those they had helped previously, began transporting the necessary materials from Midgar to build the bar in the newly developing city called Edge.
While Barret and Cloud oversaw and assisted in the building, Tifa learned how to make the alcohol and developed the bar's menu. When it came time to deciding a name for the bar, Cloud's suggestions were considered too boring while Barret's made them think of monsters. While Tifa couldn't think of a name, Marlene suggested the name of the old AVALANCHE bar, 7th Heaven; as it reminded her of the fun times before Meteorfall and Sephiroth.
The first day of 7th Heaven's opening was a great success. While Barret acted as the bar's pseudo bouncer, Cloud's job was to acquire provisions and wine for the bar's inventory despite his lack of experience with civilian life.
A week later, Barret left to "settle his past", leaving Marlene in Tifa's care. Several months later, Cloud, after acquiring a new motorbike to aide in his supply runs (having previously having to resort to renting a bike or truck, or sometimes a chocobo), began developing the Strife Delivery Service to pay for his board and keep at the bar.
Following their adoption of Denzel, who had contracted Geostigma and had been found by Cloud near the Sector 5 Church, the number of customers at the bar deteriorated due to fear of the boy's illness.
Two years after Meteorfall, the city of Edge has developed into a bustling city.
While Tifa continued running the bar, Cloud, while initially attempting to find a cure for Denzel, contracts Geostigma as well and, not wishing to tell Tifa, leaves to live his remaining life in the Sector 5 Church without explanation. Blaming himself for Cloud's absence, Denzel took to sitting outside the bar on the street curb when he was not in bed.
Some time afterward, the Turks attempt to contact Cloud through his delivery service, inadvertently contacting Tifa instead due to Cloud's absence.
Following Tifa's encounter with Loz at the Sector 5 Church and Cloud's collapse next to her due to his infection, the Turks bring the pair back to the bar, revealing that they had been keeping a watch on establishment and wondered where Marlene and Denzel had gone due to the absence of the two children.
During the incident where the Remnants of Sephiroth unleashed Bahamut SIN in Meteor Square in their search of Jenova, Tifa retrieved Denzel while Cloud left Marlene at the bar (having rescued her from the Remnants in the Forgotten Capital), Denzel then left for the bar also while Tifa and Cloud joined their friends in fighting Bahamut SIN. Denzel and Marlene remained within the bar as Cloud confronted Sephiroth, able to see the explosions from the battle in Midgar from their room in the bar's upper floor.
- Bar and Restaurant
Like in the previous bar, this 7th Heaven has a bar and customer eating area, but has more up-to-date furnishings than its predecessor and various framed pictures on the walls of various locations on the Planet. Behind the bar, Tifa has various crockery and food on display.
- Cloud's Room
Initially Cloud's living quarters, located across from Marlene and Denzel's room on the second floor, where he keeps souvenirs of his travels (including photos on the wall) and spare equipment (like spare tires for the Fenrir). The room is left barren after he leaves to live alone in Aerith's church. The business number for Cloud's delivery business links to a phone located in his room.
- Marlene and Denzel's Room
Located on the second floor across from Cloud’s room, Marlene and Denzel's room is filled with portraits and pictures of various locations and people, some of which were drawn by Marlene and Denzel themselves. The room's windows look out over the bar's entrance to an angel statue across the street.
The number seven occurs numerous times in Final Fantasy VII as an allusion; e.g. AVALANCHE is based on Sector 7, Shinra Headquarters has 70 floors, there is a status called All Lucky 7s; the bar 7th Heaven follows with the other allusions to the number. Seven Heavens itself is a part of religious cosmology found in many major religions, such as Islam, Judaism and Hinduism. The number 7 in Biblical references symbolically represented perfect completion. The number also has a significance in Quranic numerology. According to Jewish teachings in the Talmud, the universe is made of seven heavens, the seventh heaven being where ofanim, the seraphim, and the hayyoth and the throne of the Lord are located.
- The 7th Heaven concept art appears framed on a wall in Denzel and Marlene's room.
- Since Advent Children's appearance in the Venice Film Festival, some of the pictures shown on the bar wall have been altered as shown in the film's DVD release.
- Concept art and promotional material for the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII appear as some of the framed pictures in the bar and its various rooms.
- The document pinned on a wall in 7th Heaven in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children has a picture of the North American cover art of Final Fantasy VII.
- Tifa's most powerful exclusive weapon, "Seventh Heaven", in Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy, is named after the bar.
- People who didn't have money were allowed to trade items to get a drink.
- In addition to Corel wine, which was sold cheaply due to how easy it was to make, the bar also sold juices for children. However, they only served juices that Marlene tried and liked.
- Initially, Tifa was against using the name of the old AVALANCHE bar as it reminded her of the past that she had wanted to forget. However, after coming to understand Marlene's reasons for choosing the name for the new bar she understood that she couldn't erase her past by simply blocking it away.
- In addition to Edge and Midgar, Cloud sometimes had to go to Kalm to pick up supplies and inventory for the bar.