|Welcome to the Final Fantasy Wiki,|
a Final Fantasy database that anyone can edit.
Started on March 13, 2005, the wiki currently has 14,180 articles.
|Spoilers are appropriately enclosed in spoiler tags. See our spoiler policy for details.|
The Wild Rose Rebellion, also referred to as the Rebel Army, is a resistance organization fighting against the Empire of Palamecia in Final Fantasy II. Its name comes from the symbol of the Kingdom of Fynn, the Wild Rose.
Formed out of the remnants of the Kingdom of Fynn after it was conquered by Palamecia, the Wild Rose Rebellion was forced to move to Altair following the Empire's capture of the city and castle. Princess Hilda of Fynn leads the resistance movement, along with her right-hand and Royal Mage of Fynn, the White Wizard Minwu.
The group uses its name as a key term which can unlock important information and serve to identify those who are members of the group. The Wild Rose is the crest of Fynn.
The legacy of the Wild Rose Rebellion lives on in Dissidia Final Fantasy through a literal wild rose carried by Firion and the dream it inspires in him, to fight to end war and create a peaceful and free world where the flowers can bloom openly. (more...)
The concept art of Adel's Tomb, from Final Fantasy VIII. The Sorceress Adel, tyrant of Esthar, had grown too powerful for any man or army to destroy. The only way to defeat her and rid the country of her rule was to contain her, indefinitely, in suspended animation. Luring the Sorceress into what later became known as the Sorceress Memorial under the pretense of capturing Ellone, the resistance, led by Laguna Loire, snapped the trap and captured Adel. The container was launched into space and brought to rest in orbit around the planet.
The ordeal, however, was not without side effects: The Sorceress remained conscious even from within her prison, and her influence caused the worldwide radio interference, which rendered most wireless technology useless for the next 17 years, up to the events of the game.
Final Fantasy Almanach
The Chrono Compendium
|Other gaming wikis|
Kingdom Hearts • Final Fantasy TCG • Final Fantasy XI • Final Fantasy XIV • Final Fantasy Answers • World of Warcraft • Warhammer Online • Star Ocean • Mana • Dragon Quest • The World Ends with You • The Last Remnant • Lost Odyssey • Disgaea • Legend of Zelda • Tales • Megami Tensei • More...
In which the people dethrone the Tonberry King.
(click here for previous videos)
- 10th - Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be released on PS4.
- 10th - Final Fantasy Versus XIII has been rebranded as Final Fantasy XV.
- 8th - Final Fantasy XIII-2 coming to North American PSN Store.
- 8th - TheSpeedGamers to marathon Final Fantasy for charity.
- 6th - Square Enix announces their E3 Lineup.
- ...that Final Fantasy VI has one of the longest endings of any Super NES game, taking a half hour to sit through entirely?
- ...Leon was the first Dark Knight in the series?
- ...Ifrit was called Jinn in the American version of Final Fantasy IV, called Final Fantasy II on the SNES?
- ...the moon plays an important role in Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates?